Chapter Thirty One

A MONTH LATER
SYDNEYS POV*
"Hey you ready to go?" My boyfriend Caleb calls knocking on my bedroom door.
We met at the rehabilitation center a month ago when I first started. I still have eleven more months there though. I walk out of my room wearing a red dress with a cut showing my left leg up to my thigh. "Wow, you look amazing." he compliments me.
.
.
.
As I enter the restaurant and take a seat down at the table a glimpse of someone makes my heart drop. I walk past the table to see who it was until they stopped me.
"Sydney?" a familiar voice called as I turn around seeing who it was.

"Luke?" I question seeing him sitting next to Bailey at a table.

"What are you doing here?" He asks looking around.

"I'm here with my boyfriend." I reply pointing at him sitting down.

"Well I'm glad you moved on." he smiles sipping his water.

"I haven't yet." I say taking a huge gulp.

"Oh I'm sorry."

"Don't be, he's okay. He's just not you. But sooner or later I'll have to remember that I can't have you. I'll come around." I fake a smile going back to my seat.
-------------------------------------------------------------
As I sit down on my bed in my pj's and start to close my eyes I hear a knock on my balcony door. I open the door to find Luke standing there.

"We need to talk." he says walking in and sitting down on the corner of my bed.

"About what?"

"About us, we just can't happen." he demands.

"Luke I know that." I giggle slightly.

"And I know that too, but something inside of me doesn't know that. Some of me wants you." he confesses.

"So what are you saying?" I ask.

"I don't know." he replys shaking his head side to side.

"Well I think I can show you." I comment leaning towards pressing our lips together.

For once I felt like it was meant to be, yet I knew this might not happen again. And I needed to let this moment happen.