Chapter Eight

I wake up to find myself with I.v.'s on my arms and my mother pasted out on a chair next to me. I found a red button right next to my arm and decided to press it. As I do a nurse comes in and looks at me with her head cocked to the left side. She smiles at me and hands me a cookie and juice. "Thank you." I say smiling back at her. "Oh trust me hunny you're gonna need it. You lost a lot of blood. I'm just glad you finally woke up." I stare at her confused. "Finally? How long was I unconscious?" I ask her as she sits next to me on the foot of the bed. "For a good five weeks." she adds. My eyes grew huge and I couldn't believe what she said. Five weeks! I couldn't have slept for a whole month, and even a week more. It was just impossible . right as she leaves I stand up and look at the cards on the nightstand. Two are from Scott, four from my mother and from luke...none? I look again and surely there wasn't anything. A post-it note was pasted to my balloon from my mother and it said "get well soon...luke" I couldn't help but feel horrible. I would've expected more from him, but I just you can't always get what you want.

.

.

.

They finally release me from the hospital and my mother is driving us home. "Is there anywhere you want me to drop you off at?" she asks me. I think for a few seconds until I came to a conclusion. "Luke's house." a smile began to form my face.

Hey guys sorry this one was so short but it's gonna lead up to the next chapter which will be HUGE so prepare yourself :)