Chapter 6

*Steel*

Once I had arrived home, my family was immediately on me. Luckily, I had told my inner circle to meet me at the tracks, so they wouldn't be able to see this part.

"How was school, honey?"

"Did you make any new friends?"

"Do you have homework?"

They asked. God, they were annoying. Couldn't they just leave me alone for once?

"School was fine. No, I didn't make any new friends, we're in the middle of a damn semester. And no, I don't have any homework." I said dryly, not bothering to me looking at them.

My father grabbed my arm then and pulled me into his office. His office was bigger than my bedroom. I didn't really know why he needed all that space for an office.

"Here, I have a few assassins pre-selected. I personally think he is the best choice," He said, pointing towards a profile. I sighed. It didn't matter to me who they were, just that they got the job done.

"Look, I really don't care. And why do you think they are the best?" I asked my father, and I saw his face fall a bit. He used to be a gang leader, and he should act like it more. He's turned way to soft.

"Shadow always gets the job done son." My eyes widened at that. The Shadow? He was the best assassin in a long while. I heard stories about the Shadow, one the deadliest assassins this century.

I remembered that a few years ago my father had hired the Shadow to eliminate our entire rival gang, and he did so without fail. Every single last one of them was dead. It was man slaughter.

Nobody knew who he was, how old he was, what he looked like, or even what gender he was. But come on, we all knew he was a man. The only thing we knew about him was the way he killed. And let's just say its brutal to say the least.

"I want the Shadow. Figure out how to get him to kill the disobedient men." I said to my father, and he nodded.

"Also, how the hell did you know who in my gang is disobedient?" I said, slamming my hand on his desk.

My father sighed, his eyes filled with disappointment. He got that look more and more these days, but he never elaborated as to why.

"Steel, I have been in this gang for 30 years before you. You seriously think that you can do it better than me?" He asked.

I straightened, "Yes. Yes, I do think that I'm doing it better than you. Just watch me."

I walked out of his office, slamming the door behind me. That fucker had no idea. No idea whatsoever of what I was doing for this gang.

I stormed straight to the garage to get my best car out to race in. My mother tried to talk to me, but I brushed her off.

I got in my car, and quickly left. Obviously, I was pissed. Why couldn't they see that I was running the gang perfectly?

20 minutes later, I arrived at the tracks. My inner circle already ready and waiting for me.

"What took you so long?" Matt asked me, and I send him a glare.

"I don't see how that any of your business." I snapped to him, and he raised his hands in mock surrender.

"Let's do this then" I said, getting ready for the race.

I was going up against someone that I had already beaten before, so this was going to be a walk in the park.

Just as I was going to sit back in my car, I got a message.