Chapter 35

~One month later~

*Lilith*

Kelly, Silvia, and Charlie were fucking badasses. We've been training as if the demons from hell were on our heals. They were great at shooting, hand to hand combat, and with knifes. I also thought them the best places to hit and slash to kill.

All of us in our free time also learned a lot, for example I thought them lock picking, Charlie thought basic tracking, Silvia thought us how to cover up anything with make up, and Kelly gave us a few lessons in acting.

The tracker that had been on Steels car was destroyed, so we needed to fix that and have a way to follow him. We might be stalkers but in this case, we didn't give a single shit.

"Ayo sexy," Kelly yelled from the living room.

"Yeah?" I yelled back from the kitchen. I was making dinner, and Silvia and Charlie were doing the grocery's.

"When are your parents coming back from vacation?" I stilled. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. I hesitated for longer then was normal, and that was enough for Kelly to come to the kitchen.

"Do you even know? Cuz I've never even heard you call them or anything." She continued, and I almost melted at the concern for me and my family in her eyes.

"They're never coming back from vacation...." I said slowly.

"Darling I can keep guessing what's going on but it'll be easier if you help me out here." She said, smiling gently.

"My parents are dead." I said shortly. Saying the words out loud absolutely killed me, and ripped apart the healing wound their death caused so deep it physically hurt. Kelly grabbed my shoulder, and looked me in the eyes.

My eyes were blurry from unshed tears, but still I saw her beautiful eyes staring into my everything. Reading me like a book. I blinked and a tear fell down my cheek. Without saying anything, I took a few deep breath's, closed my eyes and pulled myself together.

There was shit we had to do. Crying could always come later. And I was going to cry my eyes out, just not now. I opened my eyes again and saw Kelly. My darling Kelly. I smiled sadly, but shook my head. I didn't want to talk about it. She nodded, letting go of my shoulder and silently helping me with dinner.

Maybe everything would be alright. Some day. And after all this bullshit with Steel, I would make the most out of this amazing life. Some day.

*Kelly*

The next morning I stood in front of the mirror and for the first time ever, smiled. I actually liked what I saw for once. I looked strong, healthy, I had some color on my cheeks, and I was filled out nicely. I'd gained some weight, and I couldn't be happier.

I had put on some clothes I thought suited me, not caring if somebody else on the street might not like it. I knew my family wouldn't judge me, and that was all I cared about.

I sat down to do my make up when I decided to fuck it. No make up today. Steel always wanted me to put on more make up, but I didn't give a shit anymore. I was hot as fuck, just like Lilith kept reminding me.

I put on some black sleek boots and went downstairs for breakfast. When I came downstairs I couldn't be happier. My love had made pancakes.