Chapter 25

*Lilith*

Another week had passed, and Kelly, Silvia, and I were closer than we had ever been. What I loved about our friendship was that we could spend time with each other, but we also didn't mind doing our own things every once in a while.

It was refreshing that way and prevented a lot of arguments. Today all of us were going to go shopping, and it was the first real-time we had gone out since the day at the restaurant.

Sure I had done some groceries here and there, and we went out for coffee together sometimes, but that was never more than an hour or two.

I knew Steel had threatened every grocery store in town, but I threatened that if they told him, I would kill their families. And so they kept their mouths shut. People cared a lot more about the lives of their families than their own, and I used that to my advantage.

Did that make me a bad person? Yeah. Did I give a shit? Nope. I would do anything to keep me and mine safe, even if it meant being a bitch.

"You girls ready?" Silvia asked, and Kelly and I nodded getting into the car behind Silvia. I was going to let her drive this time.

Then I pulled in my phone and I blasted 'I've had enough' by Melina KB on full volume. To my surprise, Kelly and Silvia both knew the song word for word just like me, and we all sing it at the top of our lungs.

All the way to the mall we sang so loud my voice had already cracked a few times. I wasn't the only one either. We passed on the phone to one another and picked out a new song every time.

We arrived at the mall and got out of my car. The sun greeted us, and I was forever great full for warm weather. I had once had an assassination job in Europe in the middle of the mountains in the winter, and let me tell you, I was freezing my ass off.

"Come on bitches, let's go shopping," Kelly squealed, and I couldn't help but go along with her. Shopping was one of my favorite things to do, and apparently, it was Kelly's as well.

"Why did I come with you?" Silvia groaned. And apparently it wasn't Silvia's favorite thing to do.

"Because you love us," I said, slinging my arm over her shoulders. Even though she looked miserable, she still grinned at me.

"And you can't be without us," Kelly added, but she wasn't looking at Silvia. Kelly had already spotted a new pair of shoes and was walking to them as if the world would end if she didn't buy them.

I made a huge mistake. And I was regretting it now. I thought it would be a good idea, but it was slowly killing me. I couldn't keep it from them. They had every right to know. They had to know why I was hurting.

"My heals are killing meee, why did I think it was a good idea to wear heels to go shopping," I groaned, sitting down on a bench in the middle of the mall. We had been shopping for most of the day now, and my feet just couldn't take it anymore.

"I don't know, it was your decision," Silvia said not so helpfully and I glared at her. She just shrugged.

"Girl, I feel you alright, but we have a few more hours and I just saw this beautiful handbag I would adore buying," Kelly said, also not helping me in the slightest.

Before I could reply, I heard a scream.

I turned my head so fast I was surprised I didn't get whiplash. Then I saw who was screaming and why. I took off my stupid heels, and I started sprinting towards the commotion, both heals in my hands. Breath coming fast, and my heart beating like crazy because of the adrenaline.