Chapter 16

*Lilith*

Like in cartoons, an idea came to me, and I could almost imagine a light bulb flickering on next to my head. It was a good idea so I decided to make my move.

Que the dramatic and suspenseful music!

I climbed off the tree with a bit more effort then I wanted to admit, seeing as my entire lower half of my body was still as stiff as a board.

When there was a few feet left until the ground, I jumped. Apparently my legs weren't ready for that kind of impact yet, and to my dismay my legs buckled, and I fell on my heads and knees.

Damn it! What kind of assassin was I if I couldn't even do something as simple as climbing down a tree.

Feeling came back into my legs after a few seconds, and I stood. My pants were dirty, but luckily nothing else.

I let myself pout for a second over my ruined pants, and then reminded myself I had a job to do.

I walked out of the forest and towards Steel's house. I hated him for what he did to my parents. Now I despise him even more than I already did for everything he's doing to all those girls.

It made me sick. He was only 18 years old from what I knew. 18 and already such an asshole.

When I arrived at Steel's house, I looked around first to check no one was watching. The only person in that house was the mother, and that was exactly what I needed.

Once I knocked it was only a few seconds before she opened the door. Up close I could see she was a beautiful lady, even if she was old.

"Hello, can I help you?" She said tentatively, and I smiled.

"Hi. I'm a friend of Steel. Would you mind letting me inside? I want to talk to you." I said with my most generous voice.

"Of course darling, " she said, suddenly smiling as well, "any friend of Steel's is a friend of mine."

I hated this. Anyone could have said that, gone into her house while she was alone and killed her. Didn't Steel teach her anything?

"Thank you miss..." I asked, pretending not to know her last name.

"Miss Williams, but you can call me Rachel."

"Thank you, Rachel." I said, and walked into the house of my mortal enemies 

I looked around trying to get as much information as I could grasp by just seeing the inside of a house.

Everything was clean and- cookies. I smelled cookies. There were cookies here. My mind stopped working and all I could focus on was the fact that it smelled like homemade cookies in here.

My brain restarted itself, and I focused on my surroundings again. There was nothing personal anywhere. No pictures, nothing. Nothing I could use against him. Ugh that sucks.

"Oh, are you alright?" Rachel asked me, pointing at my pants that were still covered in dirt.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just fell a-" She cut me off by grabbing my arm gently and dragging me to the living room.

She sat me down on a comfy couch, and went into the kitchen. Rachel came back with a wet cloth, and a small medical kit.

"Rachel, really I'm just fine-"