Chapter 10

*Lilith*

It was official, I hated waking up. I completely and entirely hated it. It all starts when the alarm from my phone goes off, at 6:45 am.

And every single day, without fail, the alarm from my apple phone scares the living hell out of me. I mean seriously, Steve Jobs couldn't have made a better alarm sound?

After that, I roll out of bed and lay on the floor for a few minutes. Hey, I have a comfortable carpet don't judge.

Until my snooze goes off at 6:53 and I force myself to stand up and get ready for the day. That happens every day, and today wasn't an exception. Except for the fact that my snooze didn't go off at 6:53 for some reason and I fell asleep on the floor.

And that's how I got here. My teacher glaring daggers at me, because I was 20 minutes late. Oh well, it wasn't like they weren't used to me being late anyway.

"Hey, Kel" I said when I sat down next to Kelly. I noticed her usual group of friends were nowhere to be seen.

"Hey Lilith" Kelly said back, giving me a small smile.

"You're late. Again." She said, and I grinned.

"Are you surprised?" I said, raising an eyebrow. And she shook her head. We both focused on the teacher then, as he continued with the lesson.

At lunch, me and Kelly sat together at our usual table. It came as a bit of a surprise to me that she did, as Steel was now glaring at her back. But I was happy that she decided to sit with me, and secretly rebel against Steel. Most people would be too afraid to.

"Where is Silvia?" I asked Kelly, who shrugged.

"No idea," She said, and I let it go. Maybe she just wanted to ditch today, like I did yesterday.

We ate lunch and I kept on sneaking glances at Steel. Lunch was the only time I got to see him without spying on him. I mean sure I saw him in the hallways, but those were just a few seconds a day.

Steel was blatantly staring at me as if he was trying to figure me out like a Rubix cube. Well, guess what mother fucker, I was very much human and not a Rubix cube. You can't just watch youtube videos to know how I work.

"Hey Kel, I have a question," I said, and Kelly nodded at me to go on.

"Why did Silvia think you were the head bitch around here? I have never seen you be a bitch."

Kelly contemplated her answer for a few moments before saying, "I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm a bitch. But I think that it's because I'm with Steel, they just automatically assume that I'm like him."

"Well, that sucks" I said, and Kelly shrugged.

"Not really. This way people stay out of my way, and no one bothers me. I don't mind having you and Silvia around though." Kelly said smiling softly. I nodded in understanding and grinned at her again.

We finished lunch, and we walked slowly towards our next class as we still had some time. It was nice to be around Kelly, she was always so positive and kind.

Except when she wanted someone gone. Steel for example. Then she turns into a crazy-ass psycho, like the first day I met her, and I loved that side of her as well.

I paid no mind to the people that were still staring at me. I got that I was the new kid and shit, but couldn't they just mind their own business? 

I didn't like having so much attention from strangers, but at least Kelly helped with that. She was my human shield against judging students.