thirty-six

tvd: season 5, episode 7 - death and the maiden

STEFAN HAD HIS MEMORIES BACK. APPARENTLY, Tessa showed up in his room to bring back his memories. Elena went to wake him up, so when she found out she quickly told the two other vampires in the house. Olivia, Damon and Elena stood in the living room just as the eldest Salvatore quizzed him.

"October 1852?"

"You broke my nose trying to teach me how to throw a right hook." Stefan responded. Olivia glanced at the eldest Salvatore raising a brow.

"But, not on purpose, just to be clear." Damon held up his hands up in surrender, glancing between the two girls in the room. "How much did you pay for that hunk of junk motorcycle you ride?"

"That's a trick question." Stefan hummed, "You brought me that motorcycle, although I'm guessing it was pretty expensive."

"So, Tessa just gave you back your memories? No strings attached?" Damon furrowed his brows. He knew Tessa and how crazy she was, he couldn't understand why she would return his memories out of the goodness of her heart.

"Well, it wasn't exactly a gift." Stefan replied, "It was a lot to take in at once, everything from blowing out the candles on my first birthday cake to growing in a safe."

Stefan froze at the mention of the hell he had to endure during the summer, his hold on the bourbon tightened until he broke it.

"Stefan, are you okay?" Olivia asked him, for the first time Stefan's eyes came in contact with her green-ones. Those eyes he grew to love.

"All that, and I can't remember my own strength." He replied. A loud banging sound caused his brows to furrow, "What was that noise?"

"Uh, well, that is—" Damon looked at Elena.

"We have a situation."

Damon finished the sentence, "Of the doppelganger variety."

Stefan furrowed his brows, "Katherine?"

"Not Katherine." Olivia said, lifting herself from the couch as she made her way to the basement. Stefan followed behind her, Damon next to him.

She came to a stop at a cell where they saw another of Elena's doppelagnger, Amara.

"What's wrong with her?" Stefan asked. The woman screamed violently and it looked like she were talking to someone inside the cell.

"Tessa turned her into a block of rock, left her in a box for two-thousand years. Probably went a little stir crazy like those deserted island guys who talk to volleyball." Damon explained.

Amara's eyes focused on a spot inside the cell, before she screamed, "I said, I don't know!"

"So you're telling me that this girl is the only thing holding together the Other Side?" Stefan questioned.