forty-eight

to: season 2, episode 1 - rebirth
tvd: season 6, episode 1 - i'll remember

SUMMER WAS FILLED WITH GRIEF, everyone lived their separate lives, trying to cope and adjust their lives without Bonnie Bennett and Damon Salvatore

SUMMER WAS FILLED WITH GRIEF, everyone lived their separate lives, trying to cope and adjust their lives without Bonnie Bennett and Damon Salvatore. It was a long summer for everyone, Alaric Saltzman had to adjust his new life as a professor at Whitmore and live his life as an Original vampire thanks to Esther Mikaelson.

Due to the travelers anti-magic spell, none of the vampires were able to return to their hometown. Matt Donovan and Jeremy Gilbert were the only ones who lived at the Lockwood Mansion. The Donavan human was taking classes to protect the town while the former hunter grieved the loss of his girlfriend.

Tyler Lockwood was no longer a hybrid, being brought back from the Other Side made him simply human with his usual anger issues he had before. He had trouble making sure he wouldn't activate his werewolf gene once again.

Caroline Forbes dropped out of Whitmore and found an apartment just outside Mystic Falls and spent time with her mother just outside the border. The Forbes vampire was desperate to find a way to lift the anti-magic spell.

Elena Gilbert spent most of her time grieving Bonnie, which worried the group since Bonnie wasn't the only one who died and continued on with her classes at Whitmore studying to become a doctor.

Stefan Salvatore disappeared just a day after the Other Side collapsed, having a last blissful night with Olivia. He had to get out of the town that reminded him of his brother, trying to find a way to bring Bonnie and Damon back...or so everyone thought.

Lucas Hastings tried adjusting to being alive and he and Caroline had gotten close to one another, the three vampires spent the summer together before the Mikaelson had to leave to New Orleans hearing about the death of her niece and the French Quarter being ruled by wolves.

Four months had passed since the infamous Battle of New Orleans. Four months of the French Quarter being patrolled by Francesca Guerrera and her army of wolves, which Olivia despised. It's been four months of vampires running away from the city they used to call their own. Four months of Klaus and Hayley mourning a daughter that was forced to leave her family home.

It's been three months since Olivia settled herself in the compound. Olivia hated that she couldn't help her twin brother and the mother of her niece through their grieving even if Hope wasn't dead she was still gone, her parents couldn't see her and they don't know when they would ever see her thanks to Francesca.

Hayley kept to herself, roamed off through the bayou, changing into her wolf form seeing as she could shift whenever she wanted to and other times she spent in a daze. Klaus acted the same way, spending his time in his art studio painting canvas after canvas.

"Caroline, the leads I have tried to find in the city are useless, we're being shunned by the witches." Olivia explained to her friend through the phone, "They are with the wolves, and well it's a mess here."