forty-seven

tvd: season 5, episode 22 - home

OLIVIA MIKAELSON STARED AT A DESICCATED STEFAN SALVATORE

OLIVIA MIKAELSON STARED AT A DESICCATED STEFAN SALVATORE. She wished that it was all a lie, that he wasn't dead and that he would open his eyes any moment and he'll assure her, he was fine. But she knew better, a thousand years of being alive she never experienced heartbreak like this.

Caroline had found her in the middle of the road, holding Stefan's body tightly as she screamed. The Forbes vampire took control and brought Stefan and Olivia inside the campus she then called Damon and Elena.

Elena ran right into the room and froze once she saw Stefan's body lying there on the couch beside Olivia, who still had tears streaming down her cheeks. "Oh, my God. Stefan!"

Caroline brushed the tears from her face and glanced at Damon and Elena, "We didn't know where to bring him. We just couldn't leave him outside."

Damon's eyes wouldn't leave Stefan's desiccated body. his brother was dead. He looked at the historical blonde vampire. "Olivia."

"Bonnie has a plan, right?" Olivia asked, looking at all of them, "She—she said that she could bring people back. Tell me that she can bring him back!"

"We'll bring him back." Damon nodded, almost as if he were convincing himself. "Come on, let's get away from prying eyes."

***

For Bonnie's plan to work, she needed a witch—or two and the only known witches that the gang knew were none other than Liv and Luke Parker, who were on their way out of town after they had tried to kill the doppelgangers. It didn't take long for the three vampires, Elena, Caroline and Olivia, to track them down.

"A little tip. If you're gonna flee the scene of a crime, take back roads." Elena called out to the twins, who got out of the vehicle to see the girls surrounding them.

"Do you really want to do this again?" Liv asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You mean the part where you try to kill a doppelganger? There's no point. Stefan's already dead." Elena announced, both witches having a surprised look on their faces.

"I know you don't believe me, but I am sorry." Liv's eyes flickered between all of the girls.

"Good." Olivia spoke up, eyeing the witches. "Because you're helping us bring him back."

"Look, I get what you need from us, but if both doppelganger's are alive again, the travelers can restart their spell. Witch magic goes by-bye and all you vamps, you're all goners." Liv glanced at them. Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Well, then I guess it's a good thing that in order to bring Stefan back, the travelers need to be dead. Including Markos."

"We can't help you. Even if we wanted to, our coven would kill us." Luke said. Olivia narrowed her eyes at him.

"Stefan saved your life." Caroline looked over at Luke.

"I know he did, but—" Luke began to give another excuse but Liv cut him off.

"We can't risk it."

"You both know who I am right?" Olivia asked, she wasn't playing games, and the witches in front of her most likely know who she is—almost everyone has hard of the Original vampires.

Luke and Liv nodded, "Olivia Mikaelson, one of the Original vampires—an Original hybrid."

"Good." Olivia quickly sped towards Luke and quickly snapped his neck without a flinch, showing no remorse. She eyed Liv, "Your brother's dead, he's officially on the Other Side. I think you could risk it now, don't you?"

***

Damon had told Olivia that part of their plan was to have someone trigger the explosion at the Grill, where all the travelers had been gathered. Olivia gave him an earful about it, which Damon assured that he and all of their friends would come back through the spell Liv was working on.

Olivia Mikaelson felt useless, for once in her life she couldn't really help but only hope their friends would be fine.

Lucas Hastings, otherwise known as Luke had huddled around the group, where they were supposed to meet Bonnie so they could go back to being alive. He introduced himself as Olivia's best friend and the group didn't question it. Damon had yet to join the group, and Luke Parker ran back out to the group.

"Bonnie! Hey! It's too much for her. We need to start now!" Luke screamed loud enough for Bonnie to hear him.

"No, we need to go together. Damon isn't here yet." Stefan shook his head, refusing to leave his brother behind.

"I don't care." Luke began to start and passed through Bonnie, forcing them all to hurry up and pass through.

Bonnie looked at Tyler, "You need to come trough."

"You don't have to tell me twice." Enzo spoke for himself, hurrying over and passed through her.

As soon as Tyler and Enzo had settled into the Other Side, Stefan looked over at Lucas. "You should go, Olivia is waiting for you."

Lucas hesitated before grabbing Bonnie and quickly going back to the land of the living. Olivia's eyes came across his and she let out a smile.

"Lucas!" She ran over to him, wrapping her arms around him as he lifted her up from the ground, happy to see her and happy to be alive.

"I missed you, Livie."

"Where's Stefan?" She asked, looking at Bonnie, who began to cough frantically. "Bonnie? Bonnie, are you okay?"

The Bennett tripped causing Stefan to catch her as he came back to the land of the living. Olivia smiled in relief, "Stefan!"

"No, no." Stefan refused, his eyes wide with panic as he looked at them, "She fell, I was just trying to—"

"What? What happened?" Caroline asked, not understanding why Elena was crying and Stefan looked worried.

"Damon—he's not there yet." Stefan said, shaking his head. His eyes falling on a very broken Elena.

Elena shook her head, refusing to believe it, "This isn't happening."

***

Olivia Mikaelson found Stefan Salvatore sitting on one of the benches that where in the cemetery. She slowly approached him and sat down beside him. "I lost them both." Stefan said, his voice almost in a whisper, "Two people I've known longest in this world, both gone."

"Lexi?" Olivia asked, turning to face him.

"She never came out. Neither did Markos. I know that's not a coincidence. It was her, uh, unfinished business." Stefan sighed, his eyes trained ahead, "And Damon—he finally had everything he wanted. He was happy. He should be here."

Olivia wrapped her arm around him, hugging him by the side, as he brought his head down, not ready to live his life without his brother.