forty-one

tvd: season 5, episode 14 - no exit

DAMON HAD GONE OFF THE RAILS BIG TIME

DAMON HAD GONE OFF THE RAILS BIG TIME. OLIVIA WAS WORRIED, even though he showed no remorse last night she knew the Damon she grew to care for was still inside him, somewhere. Which is why she and Stefan had asked Sheriff Forbes to help them track down the eldest Salvatore.

"You were right. He's off the rails." Caroline spoke as she walked inside the house with a stack of folders full of evidence backing up their statement. "This is from my mom."

"Let me guess, missing persons and animal attacks." Stefan asked, as Caroline walked passed them and handed the folders to Stefan.

"Check and check. But there's something else. All the victims were found inside their homes without their heads, and their skin was desiccated." Caroline revealed.

"Desiccated?" Olivia asked before turning her gaze at Stefan, "Damon's feeding on vampires."

Stefan walked towards the couch and Olivia dropped the files on the table. Stefan sighed, "I shouldn't have let him go."

"No! Uh-Uh. No! You are not turning Damon's roosting chickens into a Stefan Salvatore guilt trip." Caroline sternly told him, "No one could have stopped him from going after Wes the other night."

"I guess Wes must have injected him with whatever he was going to give Elena that makes vampires feed on vampires." Stefan told the two.

"Good news. Bad news. Bad news is that when this happened to Jesse we had to kill him." Caroline reminded him, "But the good news is—I'm sorry, usually there's some good news."

"I have to find him." Stefan sighed looking down at the papers.

Elena instantly walked inside the room a small smile on her face. "Well, I can come with you."

"Elena, I didn't know that you were here." Caroline smiled at her and turned to look at Olivia and gave her a confused look. Caroline could tell the annoyance and jealousy written across Olivia's face when it came to Elena these past few days.

"Apparently Stefan's helping her study." Olivia tightly smiled.

"Well, he's an expert in history." Elena added.

Caroline's phone rang and she pulled out and noticed that her ex-boyfriend was the one calling her. "It's Tyler. I haven't really spoken to him since the, um, incident."

"The incident?" Olivia questioned, "You mean the time where he almost killed you?"

Caroline glanced between her friends and pressed the answer and put her phone to her ear, "Hey, have you talked to Matt?"

Caroline furrowed her brows, "No, why?"

"Because it turns out Nadia's been compelling him to forget things. Matt said he was gonna avoid her, but now I haven't heard from him." Tyler sighed.