fifty-six

to: season 6, episode 15 - let her go

OLIVIA MIKAELSON WAS CONCERNED. LIZ HAD PASSED AWAY OVER twenty-four hours ago, and Caroline was already planning the funeral and making sure her to give her mother a perfect send off. The Forbes vampire gathered everyone inside the parlor to discuss the plans for Liz's funeral. "You've all asked what you can do to help. There are five days worth of project on here. We are going to do them in one. We can break the rules and cut through the red tape. I expect my mom to be properly buried by the end of the day."

"Sure, Care." Matt gave Caroline a small smile, "Whatever you need."

Caroline gave an appreciative smile to him and let her eyes fall in between her two close friends, "Elena, Olivia, you're both coming with me."

"Where are we going?" Elena tilted her head with a small smile.

"Casket shopping." Caroline revealed which caused the two to look at one another. "Let's move."

***

After helping Caroline run errands the whole day, Olivia headed back to the Salvatore Boarding house to prepare for the funeral. The blonde stood in front of the mirror looking at herself.

"Hey." Stefan spoke up, walking inside the bedroom a small smile on his face. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks." Olivia smiled, while her eyes took hold of him in a suit, "You look handsome."

The two chuckled before placing their lips together. Once they pulled away. Stefan looked at her, "Apparently, Lucas kissed Caroline at the Lakehouse."

"No." Olivia looked up, her eyes wide, "He did?"

Stefan nodded, "He did, and he asked me for advice, he needs to wait after she gets better." Olivia nodded, as she looked down at her shoes, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Caroline has been acting super weird. I mean, her mom died but she wanted to do everything today." Olivia sighed, "I don't know but I've got a feeling something terrible is going to happen."

"Nothing bad is going to happen." Stefan assured her, before he gently kissed her forehead, "I'll bring the car up front."

Olivia nodded, "Okay."

***

"We are here today to pay tribute and our respect to a pillar of our community. Our sister, our protector, Sheriff Elizabeth Forbes. We are also here today to show our love and support for Liz's family and friends." The pastor who led Liz's funeral spoke, "Not only have we sensed our own personal feelings of loss over her passing, but our hearts are drawn to our faith."

One by one, the deputies that were in the rows, all stood up to their feet and made their way to the casket. They covered the casket with a large American flag and nodded. "Calling Sheriff Forbes. This is the last call for Sheriff Forbes." A deputy spoke into his radio, "No response. Radio number 2-6 is out of service after twelve years and four months of police service. Gone, but never forgotten. Center!"