sixty-six

tvd: season 7, episode 2 - never let me go

THREE YEARS FROM NOW

OLIVIA MIKAELSON TUCKED HER LOOSE HAIR behind her ear, clipboard in her hand, her eyes scanning the checklist for the broad cast. For the past three years, she moved to Dallas with Caroline and Lucas who managed to convince her to move in with them and become producers for the KABC channel news. It wasn't the ideal job or life Olivia would have pictured herself in but she needed a job, to live as normal as she could.

She sighed glancing at her time before checking the checklist, "Okay, people, we go live in thirty. Where's the graphics?"

One of the employees handed her one of the tablets that held the graphics but a familiar voice spoke, "No, wrong one. I have the graphics."

Olivia nodded spotting her best friend sending her a smile, "This is why we're co-producers."

The continued to talk before Caroline asked Jamie if they were good on the music to which he nodded. Olivia's personal assistant, Theo, walked towards the two blondes a nervous expression clearly written on his face. "Olivia, your fiancée just called."

Olivia let out a small sigh, her eyes trained on the tablet, "He knows not to call when I'm working."

"That's why he didn't ask to talk to you." Theo nodded, "He's being sneaky."

Caroline rose a brow, "Your paycheck comes from me and Olivia and you know how much she hates surprises. Spill."

"He's curious what your schedule is right before the wedding." Theo revealed causing both blondes look up from their tablets. Olivia frowned her brows about to ask but Theo beat her to it, "I think he wants to plan a trip to Mystic Falls."

"He knows we can't go back there." Olivia snapped, shaking her head before letting a sigh escape her lips and sent an apologetic look to him, "Sorry, Theo. I'll handle it later, he's probably just thinking of taking us to one last trip before we get married."

Theo smiled and nodded at her before he left the two girls alone. Olivia looked at her best friend, panic clearly on both of their faces. Caroline put her hand on Olivia's shoulder in a supportive manner.

***

PRESENT DAY

The last thing Olivia remembered was the sharp needle plunged in her neck. Her eyes fluttered open and all she felt was the skin around her wrists burning—vervain and wolfsbane. Enzo wearing black gloves so he wouldn't burn glanced at he apologetically as she winced, "Sorry, love. This will only hurt for a second."

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" Olivia grunted, wincing. She and Enzo weren't close friends but the hybrid believed they were growing a friendship now all of that has been thrown away.