fifty-eight

tvd: season 6, episode 17 - a bird in a gilded cage

NOT ONLY DID THE GROUP TRY TO GET THE THREE VAMPIRES HUMANITY SWITCH back on, they had to figure out what was Lucas emotional trigger

NOT ONLY DID THE GROUP TRY TO GET THE THREE VAMPIRES HUMANITY SWITCH back on, they had to figure out what was Lucas emotional trigger. Olivia Mikaelson knew Lucas Hastings like the back of her hand which is why the group knew she would be the emotional trigger but she wasn't.

The groups focus was to get Stefan's humanity back on before he rippers his way across town. Which is why Damon revealed to Elena and Olivia that his mother was still alive as a vampire—a ripper vampire and was stuck in the 1903 prison world.

Damon had managed to convince Bonnie to come along, and the Bennett witch had to talk to Kai to give them the ascendent. Kai had one command, if Bonnie goes, he'll go which is why Bonnie found herself in the Salvatore living room.

Bonnie pulled out a knife to slice her palm in order to get Bennett blood for the spell to work. Kai eyed her, "Damn. Crocodile Dundee called. He wants his knife back."

"Yeah. You know, he's no longer a thing, and neither is that joke." Bonnie spat back, rolling her eyes. Olivia and Elena walked in, both of them wearing winter coats.

"Is this presentable attire by 1903 standards?" Elena asked, gesturing to the thick winter coat she was wearing.

"Whoa. Who said you're coming?" Damon asked, observing her with furrowed brows.

"To meet the woman who gave birth to the two epic loves of my life?" Elena questioned, "Me."

"As powerful as I am, there's a limit to how many people one witch can transport with this spell." Kai announced, eyeing the three vampires.

"Right, which is why there's two of us." Bonnie snapped, pouring her blood onto the ascendant before she turned back to the vampires, "Shall we?"

"Fine. Let's go get Mama." Damon nodded to himself, grabbing hold of Elena and Olivia as the two witches began to chant.

Within seconds later, they found themselves in a snowy forest to which was Mystic Falls, 1903. Snow fell from the sky, flakes falling to the tips of their hair, they all looked around the area.

"Well, isn't this a picturesque slice of hell?" Damon was the first to speak up at the sight of the prison world.

"You guys go ahead." Bonnie eyes fell on the three vampires, "Kai and I will start the locator spell on the ascendant."

Olivia frowned her brows, "Kai just had the ascendent, why do you have to find another one?"

"The ascendant can't travel between worlds. We gotta find its mirror image in 1903." Kai simply explained.

"Page ten on the world-jumping rule book." Damon sarcastically rolled his eyes before looking at Olivia and Elena, "Shall we?"

Damon began to walk forward with Elena behind but Olivia glanced back at the Bennett witch, "I don't want to leave you alone with him."