Part 17- Peeta And Katniss

Abby

I heard nothing.

No, nonononono. He can't die. All his friends at school, his family, all because of a Red End.

As I sat there stupidly, I realized there's still time. I hesitantly shifted back into a human and placed my hands on his chest.

I put my mouth on his and blew air like I was taught when I went to classes of life saving. I pressed my hands harder and blew my air in him with all my might.

I didn't notice that I had closed my eyes until I opened them to see James living eyes staring back at me.

"Abby," He breathed.

"Shh..." I said as I tried to dig out my phone. I was naked. I went back to my backpack, got dressed and took my phone. When I approached James, he said, "We're late for school."

"Seriously? You almost died and you're worried you're late for school? What is going on in that mind of yours?" I asked, taking his clothes and placing it on top of his body, and paying close attention not to look at his member. Don't want to ruin my virgin eyes just yet.

I heard him chuckle and I look at him, annoyed. "Abby, I'm fine. Go call the school that we're taking a day off." I nodded almost immediately.

"Okay." So I called the school.

"Hello, this is St. Reverence high school. How may I help you?"

"Hey, Mrs. Gambo. It's Abby. I won't be at school today and neither is James. We're... sick." I said and prayed the old lady would believe me.

"Darling, did you guys hook up? You could just tell me." She said, all girly and ready for a gossip.

"Mrs. Gambo, no! We're just tired."

"Tired? I thought you said you were sick."

"Um... when I'm sick, I get tired too... you know?" I answered quickly to recover my mistake.

"Okay, but at least tell me when the baby is born." she joked. Or nah...

"Uh thanks!" I said and hung up. Whew, this secretary was not so easy, yet easy. If she wasn't easy, she would've wanted to speak to my mom or something.

I crouched next to James and poured some water into his mouth from my water bottle.

He looked at me, then to my neck. "You're... you're hurt." he said, and touched my neck lightly.

I winced. I totally forgot about it. I was too busy trying to save James.

"It's fine." Even though it's not. "No, let me help you." he said. "No!" I said a bit to loud. He stopped and got a tissue from his bag. He sat up in a sitting position and reached over to my face.

"Please, Abby. Let me help you." he looked pleadingly into my dull eyes. I sat beside him, leaning back and surveying the area around me.

I felt like Katniss in The Hunger Games. Peeta being beside me and everything. "Hey, Peet- James." I said. "Yeah Katni- Abby." he mocked me.

"You've read the hunger games." I said. "I sure have." He replied with a grin as he wet the tissue to dab the blood from my deep wound.

"Ouch... be careful." I said.

"Sorry, I don't pay attention in health class." he said and got another tissue. "Well, you need to pay more attention now." I said. "I know." he said and put a bandage on my neck.

Wait... a bandage?

"Wa...?" I said. "I may not pay attention in health but I have a few medical supplies." he said, smiling proudly.

"Thanks, Peeta." I said, not correcting myself. "You're welcome, Katniss." he said.

*****

When I open my eyes, I immediately shot up from my sleeping position and look around, alert.

I looked at my phone beside me. 12:21pm. Okay, so I slept a few hours.

I checked everything in my bag to make sure everything was where I left them.

Then I looked to my left, where James was still in his sitting position, observing me.

"You really need to calm down." he said laughing to himself. I laughed along and put my head on his shoulders. There's nothing wrong about this gesture. We were just two human beings sitting together.

I closed my eyes again and through my eyelids, I saw a shadow.

I opened them to see a very angry Alpha Jase in front of us. James stiffen. Before anything else happened, James was flung away from me. "James!" I screamed.

I ran beside him. He was weak. "Joseph!" I said. How could he hurt a pack member? I checked for James' pulse. He's still alive.

"Joseph, I'll explain everything to you later, I promise" I said. "Please, carry him to the house" I said.

"No." He said almost instantly.

"Fine." I said and I shifted, not caring if my clothes were ripping and I'd have to buy a new uniform.

Once I was in wolf form, I used my nose to nudge James over me. He grunted. Man, he was heavy. I heaved him safely on my back.

Oh my God, I could feel his 6 pack even through my thick fur. I picked up our stuff in my jaw and ignored the stunned face of Joseph. I ran back to the place I thought was Joseph's territory.

I then realized I didn't know where I was going. James was getting heavier and heavier each minute and I really need to go pee. Joseph smirked. I looked at him and growled.

"You need my help." he stated. I growled louder.

"You. Need. To. Find. A. Way. Home." he said. I slowly nodded and he led the way to the pack village.

When the people saw me and the guys, they rushed to help us. They got James and brought him to the hospital.

Everyone's attention was on him that no one noticed me. I slumped to the ground and whimpered. I closed my eyes. I felt a about nudge my neck. I opened my wolf eyes to see Joseph in his handsome wolf. I gasped. He was so beautiful. Have I meant that he has hints of gold in his fur? He sat down next to me, giving me his warmth. I leaned in and buried my face into his chest.

When I opened my eyes, I was laying on top of Joseph, in his wolf form, heading to his house. I looked at myself and saw that I was dressed in.. not my clothes and I fell back on his back.

----------

A/N: thanks again for reading this long chapter... I fell asleep halfway:) jks.

-Rubey✌️