Part 3- It's her

A/N: Wattpaders, I present you... part three!

Joseph

I arrived the Nightshade village and parked my car. "We're here. Come on." I said to Kayla. She just sat in the passenger seat and stared at me. Oh, right. I thought. I walked to her side of the car and opened the door for her. "Thank you." She said, placing her hand on my chest as she walked past me.

I looked at the time and realized we only had a few minutes left. I took the lead and Kayla followed closely behind me. Too close. I could almost feel her chest on the side of my back. I sped up my pace to spread the distance between us. But she noticed and quickly caught up.

I stopped abrutly and turned to her. "Kayla," I said. "Hmm?" she said like she was daydreaming. "You have to be mature and stop looking like we have a special secret between us." I said. "But we do have a special secret before us." she said, and wiggled he eyebrows. I almost groaned, but instead, I smiled at her pretty face.

When we walked down the path to the office of Alpha Woods', some of his werewolves who were outside eyed Kayla and I suspiciously. I kept my head high and unexpectedly, Kayla held my hand. I tried shaking it off because she was not listening to what I said earlier.

'Are you not going to let go?' I asked Kayla through our mind-link. 'No' she stubbornly answered. When we almost reached the office, though, my wolf started to howl.

Mate, mate, Derek, my wolf said urgently. I quickly looked around- and saw a few female werewolves standing outside the office. I started to walk towards them, hoping one of them was mine. I shook Kayla's hand off.

When I reached them, I greeted politely, "Hello, ladies." I said. My wolf was trying to say something to me but I blocked him. I scanned the three women standing before me. They had stopped talking and stared at me in awe. I locked eyes with one of them and even winked at her.

She blushed and looked down. I walked closer to them, but felt no spark or connection with any of them. What?, I thought. Was she rejecting me? Finally, my wolf broke down my wall against him and managed to say, None of them are your mate, you-. I cutted him off. What?!

I shouted to Derek. She's in the meeting room, he whispered. I quickly, but politely waved goodbye to the ladies and walked to the door that seperated me from my beautiful mate.

How do you know she's beautiful? Derek asked. I know she is! I said in confidence. But a part of me was nervous. What if there was rejection? What if she rejected me or... The door swung open. Alpha Wood stood there, looking tall and mature.

"Hello, Alpha Jase, it's a pleasure for you to come." I instantly straighten my back and shook his hand. "And same to you." I said. He let me in and the first thing I smelled was roses... mate. I looked around and there she was... my beautiful mate.

She must've smelled me too because her eyes widened at the sight of me. But she didn't say anything or ran to me and made love right here right now like I dreamed of. No, instead she smiled at me.

But I could tell she was dying to run to me. I could see it in her eyes. So I tried mind linking her, but it doesn't work unless we were fully mated. But I tried anyway. What is your name, baby?, I asked her. At first nothing happened. Then I saw her confused face and I knew it worked.

This is incredible. I tried again. You are not imagining this. Look at me. What is your name? I asked again. Abby , she replied and looked at me. And you are? she said. Joseph, Joseph Jase.

*****

All through the meeting, we never made eye contact or mind- linked each other. It was driving me crazy. She was getting fidgety too.

When she spoke she stuttered a bit and Alpha Wood would stare at her uncomfortably. Kayla would smirk, and since she sat right beside me, she would nudge me sometimes, and pretend to whisper to me during the meeting. I don't think she knows Abby and I are mates yet; I think she was just trying to show Abby I belonged to her, which I don't.

Kayla's great and everything I wanted in a mate, but I found mine. She has to find hers too one day. Near the end of the meeting, Alpha Wood cleared his throat and said to me, "Thank you Alpha Jase for joining us today." Someone gasped. "I thought she was the Alpha." my beautiful mate said, pointing at Kayla. Her voice...so beautiful and soft.

Kayla smiled like she was the queen of the world. "I do act responsible, do I." she said, flipping her hair. I stood up and nodded at Alpha Wood. "May I speak to this young lady here privately for a moment?" I said, gesturing towards Abby. "You want to talk to my daughter? About what?" He curiously asked me.

Now I was taken aback. "Y- your daughter?" My mate was Alpha Woods daughter? Too much surprises for a day, too much. "Yes, and this is her older brother." he pointed to a man that looked my age and addressed himself as Austin at the beginning of the meet. "

Abby, come outside with me," I simply said. She looked at her father's permission before she walked with me outside.

Once we were out of sight and hidden in the forest of trees, I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards my chest. Oh, my god...that addictive smell of roses. I tightened my embrace around her waist. "You smell so good." I said as I looked at her face. Her cheeks turned pink and she buried her face closer to me. I kissed the top of her forehead and breathed out. All the search I did in the past year really paid off. Moon Goddess, Thank you for my beautiful mate you have given me. I ask for no more. I have everything I ever wanted.

*****
As we both walked to from the forest hand in hand, we figured a plan to convince Alpha Wood that Abby should live in my village. Then we saw him talking to Kayla just outside the meeting room. It made me think of the chat Kayla and I had the previous night. we were supposed to meet each other at the beach tonight just like every other night before Abby came to my life.

But I was going to end this now. I've found my soulmate and I do not need another female to accompany me ever again. Kayla and I will be close friends, just close friends. Although I wondered how she would bear this news.

---------->
A/N: yeah!!! 94 views. It may not be a lot to most of you, when you get like, a million views and votes, but I'm thrilled.

*dramatically wipes a tear away*

Thanks. I will continue to update as soon as I can.

vote comment follow?