Part 9- The Call

Kayla (surprised?)

Uh, that stupid chick! I was supposed to sit in the front seat with my love. Yep, that's right, MY love. I don't give a shît about soul mates or whatever, I've known Joseph since we were in elementary school. And then that girl came and ruined our relationship. I pretended to be happy for him, but arg! She makes me mad!

I leaned in my backseat and closed my eyes. For some reason, I felt someone looking at me. I opened my eyes and saw Joseph looking at me concerned through the rearview mirror. I nodded my head, tellin him I'm OK, but he just shook his head and diverted his eyes ack on the street, like he doesn't believe me.

*****

As we arrived the pack village, I saw that there was a large crowd around... something. I got out as soon as Jospeh parked the car and walked, in style, of course and pushed my way to the middle.

There were two large male wolves fighting. One was very familar to me; he was one of the best fighters in our pack. His name was Drake and I could tell it was him with his short tail, cut in a battle. The other, well... I haven't seen him before, but he looked just as strong. They were pushing and shoving and swearing. I walked between them.

They immediately stopped and looked at me. Drake immediately shifted and got into his clothes. The other wolf snarled at me; he clearly did not know me.

"I am the Beta in this pack and I advise you to shift right now if you want to stay here." i said. The brown wolf shifted and got into his clothes. i walked up to him while he was tying his shoes. "What is your name?" I asked.

"It's Victor. I'm from the Starlight pack. I came with 20 other werewolves." He pointed towards the group of men standing there. I looked tthe crowd arund us and dismmissed them. They qucikly left, mumbling stuff to each other. I faced the guy who called himself 'Victor'. "Okay, Victor. I'm Kayla, and besides the Alpha, you have to respect my orders here, understand?"

He just gave me a goofy grin. "Yeah, all right. And I think you told me you are a Beta here already like, what? 30 seconds ago." He chuckled to himself and looked at me up and down, then back at my face. "Not bad for a female Beta." He said to me and turned to retrieve his bag. I huffed. Perv.

"You all are early; that's fantastic." Joseph said from behind me. He walked towards each men and inspected them. He did a little introduction about himself and the rules in our pack, and showed the men to their dorms and told them their shifts for their guarding. During this time, I had went to the bathroom to change into a more casual wear; a pink tank top with yoga pants.

Abby

As soon as Kayla ad got out of the car, Joseph had talked to me about calling my dad about moving here with him. I nodded all the way through his lecture. Then I asked if I was able to visit my pack again. He said yes, but it would soon not be my pack anymore.

I layed on the couch in his house my fingers hovering over the CALL button to my dad. Joseph had given me time for myself to privately talk to my dad. I took a deep breath and pressed the screen. I put it to my my ear, then I heard a voice that said. "Hello? This is Alpha Wood speaking. How-"

I cutted off my dad and blurted, "Hi dad, it's me, Abby. I will be moving with Alpha Jase soon and I just want to tell you I will still come back once in a while. I am safe in his house and tell Austin he doesn't have to worry for me anymore. Um... bye." Then I clicked off. Whew. I leaned my head back and stretched. It felt good to stretch. Then u realized something. I didn't say I love you to my dad... Oh well.

Then my phone rang on my lap. I picked it up to see the caller ID that it was my dad. I made a quick debate: to listen... Or nah.

I picked it up and said, "Hello?" I hear on the other end that someone sighed in relief. My dad probably thought I wouldn't pick up.

"Why are you telling me this through a call? Can't you just come to me?" He said. "Well, I already left and Austin needed some... time... alone with his mate." I said. "Oh. Fine, I will let you go... um your brother wanted to speak to you." I nodded, even thought they couldn't see me.

"Abby, I just want to tell you, I'm sorry for all the years when I protected you from the other males at school. I was selfish and I underestimated you. But now that I know you would be a Luna soon, I know that you are capable of things. Um... I love you." he said. "I love you too." I said. Then, my dad said. "Bye Abby... I um," he cleared his throat. "Love you." then the phone clicked.

Well, now that turned out... well. I went upstairs to a random room and looked through the closets.

I changed my clothes into a pink tank top with yoga pants.

----------
A/N: I am so sorry. this chapter was really cràppy and I promise the next one will be better. maybe add some Joseph and Abby time in there too. depends...
Thanks for reading