Part 4- The Convincing

Abby

"Alpha Wood, we would like to discuss something with you," Alpha Ja- I meant Joseph said. When we were in the forest alone, he told me to call him Joseph when it was just us. He also wanted to mark me right there. I refused because I wanted us to love each other with our experiences together. I still couldn't believe I was going to be a Luna!

"Yes Alpha Jase, what is it? Oh, is it about my daughter's behaviour duing the meeting? I'm so sorry, it's her shifting thing you know? She just learned how to shift a few months back." my dad said. Alpha Ja- Joseph. I said Joseph. Not Jase. You saw nothing.

JOSEPH looked confused for a second, then smiled and said, "No, it is not about her behaviour. I would actually want her in my pack." Alp-Joseph said, and I smiled proudly

"Are you kidding me? Why would you want her?" my dad said, nodding his head towards me. "She is a fairly good fighter and very brave too." Joseph said. "How would you know that?" my dad asked. Oh, god. Is my dad not getting the message?! How clueless is he? I mean, what kind of alpha would go up to another Alpha and say they want someone to live with them?! Joseph gave him two hints already.

"She could be one of the werewolves you would send to me to protect my pack." Joseph answered. "She is my daughter, and she stays with me. Until she finds her mate and is fully protected, I will not let her go."

'This is so not working' Joseph mind linked me. Finally, I couldn't hold this news anymore. "Dad, he is my MATE!! How did you not get the hints?" My dad stared at us, lookign at me then Joseph. then me again.

"How did I not know that?" he whispered as he inspected us like we were a new species of some kind. That was not what I'd expect hm to say. Oh, I can't wait to tel Austin; it's going to piss him off, especially when my mate's an Alpha. That'll prove him wrong.

"Oh babe, you found your mate, how touching." Kayla said as she walked to Joseph, galncing at me breifly for my reaction.

I forgot she was even there. I remained blank, showing no emotion. Joseph silently grabbed my left hand and held on tightly, afraid I might run away.

'I'm not going to run away from you, like other wolves would have done when they hear something like that. Like you said, I'm brave.' I mind linked him. Joseph let out a breath that I didn't even knew he held.

"Hun, remember what we used to do all the time? You promised we'd do it again tonight. See, we do have a special secret like I said." Kayla looked at me smirking. I don't like this chick. She's getting on my nerves.

What did they used to do and what did he promise her to do tonight? A dirty picture of them kissing and having fun suddenly came up to my mind. Wait, did Joseph...? Kayla cutted my thoughts again.

"Joseph, come on with me now, will you? This may be our last time to do it before you leave me for your mate." she called him Joseph.

Kayla tugged Joseph's hand. Now where was she taking my mate? I started to twitch...oh no...my wolf is angry...

Joseph (going back a bit)

No, nonononono. What is Kayla planning? Is she trying to make Abby jealous. I kept seeing her taking quick looks at Abby when she talked.

Well, whatever she was doing, making Abby jealous or not, see was not suceeding. Abby told me she would not run away. Then Kayla spoke again.

"Hun, remember what we used to do all the time? You promised we'd do it again tonight. See, we do have a special secret like I said." She looked at Abby...was that a smirk? I wondered what was going through Abby's mind.

This was not how it seems to be. She might be thinking we were having... god, no. Kayla was just refering to our night of looking at the stars at the beach.

But she made it sound so private. Whn did she become like this. She was no longer the brave warrior I know. She was a selfish arrogant jerk! Whoa, where did that come from? But I thought no more;I am goingto mind link Abby the truth.

But Kayla continued, not waiting for my respond, if I even had anything to say.

"Joseph, come on with me now, will you? This may be our last time to do it before you leave me for your mate." No, she did not just say that. She promised not to say my first name in front of other people like Abby, not to mention Alpha Wood, who was standing there the whole time, listening and glaring at me.

Kayla tugged my arm. On the other hand, like phyically, Abby's hand twitched. Oh, no. Was this what Kayla planned?

In seconds, Abby was in wolf form, snarling at Kayla, who was also in wolf form. Wow, Abby's fur was so silver and shiny I wanted to run my fingers through them. She looked so brave.

I shook my head. Focus, I had to stop them. They were already clawing at each other and several others had came to watch, not willing to stop it. I looked at Alpha Wood... and saw he was looking directly at me.

He was expecting me to stop this. Uh, I focused on Derek, and bam! I was the big alpha wolf everyone feared. I saw my mates eye widen. Yes, I do indeed have very nice fur, light brown with a hint of gold in it. I turned to my Beta and said "Shift, now."

She ignored me and clawed Abby's face with her paws. "I said shift!" She stood back, a few metres away from Abby and growled at her. But she shifted and ran behind a tree to change-which was embarrassing, since the closest tree was about 100 metres away.

I turned to Abby. 'Do not shift, I don't want other people, especially unmated wolves to see you nude, get your clothes and meet me in the forest where we were not long ago.

People were watching us; there was a crowd. Abby picked up her clothes in her jaws and padded away. I nodded at Alpha Wood and I too, followed closely behind Abby, clothes in my hand. Our conversation is not over, Alpha Wood.

----------

A/N: how was it? Please comment here if you have any questions and don't forget to vote!