Part 23-Get Ready for the Games

(A/N: yeah! 107 votes. and I'll take it as my birthday present for tomorrow, thank you!!!!👍 ps. Dedication to !!!!@9870222522m!!!!!)

Abby

I walk out of the hospital, clean of my wounds.

"Bye Ariana." I said as I high fived her. "Bye" I think I slapped her too hard because I saw her rub her hands afterwards. Oops. I walked down the hall and down the stairs and out the hall. I felt so confident. I have to go tell Joseph I'm okay.

Then I realized, Joseph was not here. Tears welled up my eyes. What if he was dead? I mentally slapped myself after that thought. He was not dead. I wiped them away frantically as I headed back to Jose- our room.

As soon as I walked in the door, the smell of his scent filled my nose. Oh, how I missed that so much. I flung myself onto the king size bed and sob on the covers. I cried until I became thirsty.

I walked down the long staircase, gliding my fingers along the curves of the handrail. So much effort put in making this house. And if it burned down, it would be a waste.

Just like Joseph and I's relationship. We have worked hard the past few weeks; it was only the beginning of our life together, and if he really isn't coming back, it WOULD be a waste. I would be broken.

As I lay on the couch drinking a cup of warm water where I luckily found between all the mess Joseph made before we left, my wolf laughed at my stupidity.

Abby, stop waiting for him to come, find him, Layla huffed.

And hello to you too, I answered, but I still got up from my spot and went to change into my "warrior wear". By that, I meant a tight black leather jacket with, yes knives, and black jeans that matched my black heels boot. Yeah, I look like some ninja, but it was necessary.

No, it was not, Layla said. I ignored her and just grabbed a few snack to put in my (black) backpack along with some water bottles.

I looked at myself one last time in the mirror and nodded to myself. Abby ready for the hunger games.

James

I was busily wiping the floor of my small cottage when I heard a knock on the door.

I dropped everything on the floor, hoping it wasn't the Red Ends attacking us like they did last time this door was opened.

I opened up the door to see Abby. Dam, did she look hot in that outfit. I almost said it out loud.

She looked so radiant and perfect, I couldn't help my jaw from dropping. If I knew it was her, I would've presented myself better.

I looked at my own clothes. They're not bad, but is not my best look.

"Hey," she said. "Hi." I flashed her my perfect white teeth. That's probably the only thing I'm proud of from myself.

She blushed and said, "May I come in?" I opened the door wider and ushered her in the house.

"So, what's up?" And I meant that because she was wearing some sort of costume that made her look like she's in the.. Hunger Games.

"Im going to find Joseph, and you're coming with me." She said as she adjusted the straps of her bag on her back. But then you would spend more time with Joseph, I thought.

"Okay." I hesitantly said. "You need to wear proper clothes." she said and pulled out a costume that looked almost the same as hers, but more manly looking.

"Here, change and show me." I took the clothes and start to pull off my shirt.

"What? No! Go change in the bathroom or something." Abby said with her eyes clothes as she pushed my bare back into my washroom.

My top was already off and her fingers were touching my back. As her hand left my back, I still felt the touch a few moments ago.

After I was completely changed into my "proper clothes", I walked out and showed Abby my new look. She looked up, then down and up at my face. My eyes caught hers and she smiled.

I smiled genuinely at her, not showing my teeth to show off, but my closed REAL smile with my dimples. I walked closer to her and took her hands in mine.

She didn't move it away and my wolf let out a breath. "Abby, we're going to find your mate; my Alpha." I said, staring into her beautiful brown eyes. She nodded and hugged me.

I wrapped my arms around her and put my cheek on her head. I slowly used one of my hands to stroke her hair, hoping it would not annoy her, but comfort her.

I guess it worked because she leaned in closer. And I'm glad she couldn't see my face because my mouth was as wide as a rainbow.

Abby

As he slowly glided his fingers through my hair, I cuddled closer because I missed the warmth of another person, and right now, it's what I needed.

I closed my eyes as my mouth widen into a happy smile. I felt safe and protected. Then the most unexpected thing happened.

A woman came in and stared at our embrace. Her shocking faced quickly hanged into a grinning face.

"Hey, Jamie, you got yourself a girl, is it?" His mother I assumed, said. She still can't see my face; it was buried in James' chest. I lifted my warm face off his body and smiled at his mom.

Then she turned shocked with realization. "Are you... Luna Jase?" Where did she get that name from? But I just nodded politely and she went crazy.

"Oh, bless me, I've never talked to any person higher than my rank!! Is is really you? Jamie, baby how did you attract this girl?!?!" James blushed and just held me tighter.

"Um... mom, remember she has a MATE. I'm just her friend." he said, a bit uncomfortable. Mrs. Fernando's face fell and she nodded.

"Can I get an autograph? I've always asked James to get the Alpha's but he was to shy." Mrs. F said excitedly to me, holding my hand.

James' face went red and I smiled. "I'm sure I can arrange that for you easily." I said politely as I sign MY autograph on her notebook.

I'll have to remember to ask Joseph WHEN I see him again. "Mom, were going out." James said.

I think his mother got the message the wrong way and said, "Ooh, to where? The movies? I could drop you off." she said happily. Well someone's not in a bad mood.

"Mom we may not be back in a few days; we're going to search for the Alpha." James corrected himself and he dragged me with him out the front door.

"Bye, son." Mrs. F whispered before James shut the door.

"Are you ready for the Games?" I asked
James.

"May the odds be ever in your favor." He said and we walked into the dark forest, towards the dangerous territory of the rogues.

----------
A/N: hope you guys liked this little filler chapter.

- Rubey😘😘