Part 28-Mate?

Joseph

As I fought Kayla to the ground, I caught a glimpse of Abby sobbing her eyes out.

I pushed Kayla to the ground, but not one that would hurt her. I still had a soft spot for her, all the years we've been through together.

She got up and kicked me back, althought not as hard that I would break a bone. I figured she had a soft spot for me too.

Then why were we still fighting? As I turned around to see Abby, Kayla caught my arm and puleld me to her. She put her head on my chest with her arms around me. I was too stunned to say anything. "I'm sorry." she said, and I felt myself relax a bit.

"I'm sorry." she said again, very lightly. And my walls that blocked her broke down.

"I forgive you." I said, and hugged her. This must be a scene to see. Two Alphas embracing, even the birds were quiet. There was something wrong in this situation.

Something-- and then I felt it. Kayla had pulled out a pocket knife and stabbed my thigh. I groaned as the blood seeped out from my right leg to the floor.

I went on my knees and looked up at her. "How could you?" I whispered. T

his was what Abby made me into. Before I met her, and if people apoligized, I wouldn't be nice and instead, leave them. Now, I had became soft at a certain spot, and looked where that had gotten me. "Surrender, or your village will be in danger." Kayla said with confidence.

"Never." I said.

"Fine, have it your way." she turned to one of her guards. "Be ready to attck his village when I say so." the guard nodded. "Yes, Alpha."

"see?" she said. "your village is not securely protected, with only your third in command, Carter in charge. You think he could handle a few surprises?" I turned my head so I was not facing her, and I see AbBy kissing James.

Wait, what?! I immediately stood up and strided to them, ignoring the pain in my body. Physically, from my leg, and emotionally, from my heart. She left me.

Was i too possesive? I don't think so. Was i too weak, trapped in a cell and waiting for a princess to save me.

As the thoughts swarmed my head, I pulled Abby off of him. "What the hell?" I yelled. Abby flinched, and I calmed down, not wanting to scare her more than she already was.

"Look, let me explain. Don't!" she stopped me from interrupting. Then she took a deep breath. "I need to save him. He injected a death nedle to himself."

"I'll save him" I said as i bent down bseside him. I blew ari, trying my best to save him. But nothing was working. Abby hugged me as she cried.

James was dead. he was really dead. Kayla walked up to us, a smirked plastered on her face. "What should I do with you?" I mumbled. But with her good wolf ears, she heard and answered.

"YOu should let me take over your village; it's that easy. Just say yes, and we'll take good care of you." "do you think I'm stupid. Because you must think i'm stupid to answer that stupid question." I got up and Abby gasped at my bleeding leg.

I held out a hand to Abby and she gave me her small knife. It wasn't big, but it was good enough. I twirled it between my fingers a few times before I trapped Kayla to the ground as i pointed the knife at her neck. I glared at her, and her eyes stared at mine intensly.

I pushed the knife deeper, so it poked her skin, but it didn't go through. Everything paused. It was just me, the knife, and Kayla. Should I do this? She already "killed" James. What should I do? I can't help you, but I want to... Derek said weakly.

I know, just take a rest, I said to him. I don't want my wolf to get hurt. I pushed it closer... and glided the tip softly across her neck and let go. I only left a small cut. The knife fell to the floor.

"You can't." Kayla sad, looking at me. She was surpirsed by my action, me to, honestly. We thought her life was going to end right there.

I'd killed anyone in a blink of an eye, but now... "I can't." I repeated her words. I walked away from her, not sure of what to do. Abby was still by James side, stroking his hair. I put my hand on her shoulder. "Let's go." I said. She nodded. we had nothing else to do here.

Abby and I are together and that's all that matters to me. I looked back to see Kayla on the floor.

"Leave my pack and I ALONE." i growled, picking up James. Boy, was he heavy. Abby held out her other knife, a much larger one, and we slowly, awkwardly left the territory.

Abby volunteered to shift and carry James. "

No." I said. She had already shifted. 'Please' she mind-linked me while her beautiful wolf looked at me with her gleaming blue eyes.

Why was she even begging to carry him? I slowly placed james on her back and I patted her head, felling the solft fur that covered her body. how did she get it like that? Abby closed her eyes and leaned closer to me.

We walked for about an hour in silence when I realized something. Abby might have her phone. I took it out of her bag and called Carter to drive us home. When he arrived. he quickly got out. When he saw Abby in her wolf form, he said, "Mate."

----------

A/N: please read this chapter again from where you started off because I added a bit more. Sorry for the wait my Rubabes. (this is only for those who read this before March 11)