Part 6- The Brother

Abby
"So start telling me what really is going on with you two." I said as we walked back to the land of our territory. "Well, she's my Beta and she really likes me, I could tell." he answered.

"Okay... Do you like her back?" I asked.

"Well, she is kind of nice..." he mutters.

"You think she's nice? She's anything but that." I said with hatred. Joseph looked shocked.

"Well I do like her since she does treat me with respect."

"But she called you Joseph." I pointed.

"Yeah, about that. She was only supposed to call me that when we were alone."

"Okay, I'll forget you ever said that. Another question: have you ever done it with her."

"What? I thought I told you I never kissed her or dated her or slept with her. How is that not clear enough for you?" Joseph was getting angry, but he controlled his wolf.

"Okay fine, but what was you and your friend's special secret?"

He sighed and calmed down. "We would walk together down the beach of my territory and talk about what happened that day, in other words, we shared to each other how our day was."

"Maybe we can to that to." I said and looped my arms through his.

"Yup, we can." he answered. I looked in front of me. We were no longer hidden in the forest. I was home.

*****

"Abby," my father said, running to us. He glanced at our looped hands but he quickly diverted his eyes to mine.

"I have not responded properly to your announcement, I apoligize. I would like to congratuate you and your mate, which is surprisingly an Alpha. You do know you will have more responsibilities than most female werewolves, right. Not to mention that you're only 16." my father said.

"Yeah, but I'm almost 17, which means I'm almost an adult." I retorted. He was embarrassing me!

"Yes, I understand. But," he leaned closer to us before looking around, lke he was telling us something really important.

"Yes?" I eagerly asked.

"You might want to start the mating process a little later. You're still young, you may not be able to handle the heat. I suggest you wait a bit till you're 18." he whispered. I pulled back in shock. Joseph looked bored, like this meant nothing for him, and he wasn't going to listen to what my dad said.

We both stared at him as he nodded and walked away to the pack house. "Um... you're not going to listen to that advice, are you?" I asked Joseph. He snorted. "Why would I take the advice of an old ma-I mean another Alpha when I am equally powerful and capable of making my own choices? I can mark you whenever I want." he said the last part seductively. I blushed.

"Come on, let's meet my brother, Oh, and by the way, he might be a bit rude to you. He's really protective of me. Believe it or not, he's never let me talk to any guy since I started high school. He would somehow always get the teachers to pair me up with another girl, so I never got the chance. But since he found his mate, I was able to have a talk or two with some other guys in my grade."

My mate growled. "Don't talk to any of them again." He said. "Whoa, okay. calm down. Im not going to date them or anything." I said. His face softened. "Sorry, Derek, my wolf just didn't like it when you talked to other guys. He says you're his, and he's yours." he smiled. i grinned back. Wheeze, a lot of grinning and smiling today.

*****

"Here goes nothing." I said as I knocked on the door to my brothers room in our house ( the one in the pack territory ) The music was up and loud but I turned off almost immediately after I knocked. "What?" My brother said, clearly annoyed.

"Er... I have something to feel you. May I come in?" I asked nervously. something shuffles and I heard a loud thump. "Okay." he answered. I mind linked Joseph to wait outside the door and out of sight. he nodded and I walked inside. I saw my brother sitting on his desk chair. "Hey, um.. about the mate thing..." I started.

"Did you sense your mate? Because I'm not going to help you. you're not mature enough." he said, turning his back to mr. I opened my mouth to disagree, but he said, "I'm not up for this cràp right now. just leave if it's about this situation. I began to turn around and saw Joseph's shadow.

I remembered what I was here for and I said, "Just let me explain." he turned around to face me and his eyes were so intense, it scared me. of course, he was going to be an Alpha anyway when my father..um ... moves on. I gave him one of my own demanding dates that may not frighten him, but it sure as hèll will scare a squirrel.

I need to work on my stares in the mirror sometime.

He just shook his head and looked down, hiding a laugh. "what?" I demanded. "your face..." He chuckled.

Okay, I seriously need to work on my face.

I was going to snap at him again but I heard Joseph said, focus, Abby, focus. I looked at him. "Austin, answer me honestly; why won't you let me talk to other guys?" He stopped laughing and his face softened. He looked up at me and said, "Sis, I did this because I love you. wait, no. No the romantic way, ew no." he moved his hands in a way that looked like he was swatting flies away and his face scrunched up so tight it looked like his head was stuck in a glass jar. I giggled.

His serious look made me stop. "I did this because I knew that when you find your mate, you won't depend on me anymore, you won't talk to me anymore, you won't love me anymore, you won't need me. I won't be your big hero brother anymore." He looked hurt.

Wow. That was a lot to say. I knew he was telling the truth because I could always tell when he lies. I suddenly felt grateful for all he has done for me and I also felt ashamed for all the mean things I said about him.

"Don't worry. thank you for all you've done for me. I love you too." I gave him a quick hug, but he held on to me longer than necessary. I heard a low growl. Oh, Joseph, no need to growl like that. he's my brother! I thought. Austin paused, but didn't hear more than that. I pulled back from him and put a hand on his shoulder. "Look, Austin. It's okay. I'll still hang out with you, even though I'll probably spend more time with Joseph." I gave him an assuring smile.

Oops. Said the wrong thing. He looked at me confused, then shock was written all over his face. "Who's Joseph? I think you mean Alpha Jase. if he were here with us now, you'd be dead already. he whispered in a hushed tone.

"Actually, no. She'd still be alive." a voice said from behind me. I gasped. no need to state the obvious, but... Joseph!!!

----------
That was the end of this chapter.
Thank you for all ur votes;!I appreciate it:) I will update as soon as I can
See you all:):)