45 / / home

"yo, choke me." I walked into corpses house after knocking on his front door. I'd also like to clear up that 'choke me' was a nickname for him, not an instruction. I am making fun of the guy.

Two days had passed since the new year.
"yeh?" He responded. "i love how you responded to that." I chuckled. Corpse and I's relationship was getting more and more casual by the day. I always felt like I could be myself around him and I learned to just treat him like my best friend.

I walked into the room in dark green pants, a black cropped shirt and a black jacket with a skateboard in my hand. "I'm a skateboarder now." I announced with a proud smile. "Well this is new." Corpse sighed.

By now he was already used to my new interests which I normally focused on for about a week and then forgot about. Like the guitar for example, I hadn't picked that thing up since corpse taught me how to play.

"Do you know how to skateboard?" He asked hesitantly. "I don't know any tricks but I've longboarded since I was like 10." "Right." He rolled his eyes, probably sick of all my 'hobbies'. I mean, fair enough.

"I want to learn how to Ollie." I stated. "And why are you telling me this?" "Because you're going to learn with me." I grinned cheekily. He didn't even have time to react before I lead him out of the building and locked his front door shut. "Are we going to the skatepark?" He asked in annoyance. "No, I hate other people, we are going to an empty street to practise." "But I'm hungry." He complained, well now I knew why he seemed so annoyed with me. "Okay, then what do you want to eat?" "I don't know." He shrugged. "Well that doesn't help." I rolled my eyes. "Sushi?" I asked, I was kind of in the mood for it. "Fuck yeh dude." He grinned.

We walked the short distance back to his place considering we had only gotten like a street away, and i left my board there. We got whatever we needed and hopped into the car to go to a sushi restaurant I had been longing to go to. "How did you decide on sushi?" Corpse asked in the car, trying to make small talk.

A long time ago, Julie - ugh julie - used to tell me random shit about corpse and stuff he would say in streams and I guess one of them was that he liked sushi.

"Felt like it." I shrugged casually. It was weird that I just remembered a random fact about him out of nowhere like that. I probably have a bunch of those hidden somewhere deep in my brain that I've just forgot about. We got to the restaurant, it was fancier than I realised and I was definitely underdressed. We walked in to get a table and people gave us weird looks.

We were literally just wearing normal clothes, what was there to judge? Eventually we got sat at a table near the window so we could see the view outside. The sky looked pretty and blue with blotches of white clouds spread around it. We were on the second floor of the building. We sat patiently and ordered our food. I felt somewhat uncomfortable here considering how different I looked to everyone else that was eating around us. They all looked prepared and dressed up and I definitely didn't. I wasn't even planning on coming here today. Our food came fairly quickly and we ate it even quicker. It was filling and tasted delicious, I understood now why the whole place was so busy.

We left soon enough and made our way to the car and back home. "Next time we'll be dressed a bit better." Corpse chuckled. I nodded, wether he was joking or not didn't matter because it was obviously a true statement. We arrived home as the sun started to set.

"We're home!" I cheered excitedly because this meant we could practise skateboarding now.
Corpse smiled at me proudly. I took me a while to understand why.

'Home'.

It was a word used to describe a place you felt safe at, a place you belonged in. I remembered coming to corpses house and it just being 'corpses house'. Now it was like my second home.

Corpse however didn't confirm anything I was thinking, instead he just got out of the car and went inside his home. I followed him out and locked the car behind me. I waited for him in the living room and soon enough he emerged with a navy beanie on his head and my black skateboard in his hand. The board was in his right hand with the chipped black nails. "Do I look like a skater boy yet." He asked rubbing his chin mockingly.

I chuckled and nodded, he really did, with the red and black flannel and vans just completing his outfit. The sun was setting and we left to find a quiet road in one of the back streets near corpses home, the time of day was much better for this type of activity because there were less cars on the road when it was dark. I grabbed my board and slid across the empty road, curving back and forth towards the opposite ends of the pavement.

To put it simply.

I felt swag.

When I stopped the board with my foot, I turned around to see corpse staring at me with a warm smile. "You gonna try?" I asked snapping him out of his gaze. He ran over to me, the slight breeze pushing the material of his flannel away from his back. The beanie he wore was sagging down over his hair and eyes and he was left trying to fix it every few minutes. He put his front foot on the board and pushed it down the road, steadying himself as he glided through the street. The sky had darkened by now and we spent hours there, practising tricks and gliding through the quiet roads. I helped corpse to stabilise himself easier and he helped me land my first Ollie. The whole night was feeling like one whole fever dream, it felt so nice.

We had travelled a few roads down and close to a park, I sat in the bench and checked my phone while corpse skated in loops. At some point in the night, corpse had just taken my board from me and kept skating away on it while I did my best to chase him. I opened Twitter and checked what was trending.

what the fuck?

"corpse?" I yelled for my boyfriend who was too busy turning around on his board to notice me. He really was entertaining himself with this whole skateboard thing, funny considering he was making fun of me for it only a few hours ago.

"Corpse!" I said again but louder and he looked up. "Why is #daddycorpse trending under #julie?"

He looked confused, like he thought he had misheard what I said. He got off the board and walked closer to me. "What?" He asked and I repeated my question. "Well I know why daddy corpse is trending." He smirked and I punched him in the shoulder.

Dickhead.

"I don't know why corpse is trending though." He continued more seriously. I opened up the tag and scrolled through the tweets.

Tears started swelling up.

You had to be fucking kidding me.

_____________________________
authors note:
GUYS I TOLD MY PARENTS AB THIS STORY AND THEY ASKED IF I COULD GET DONATIONS LMAOAOAOA 💀💀💀

also yall chuck me a follow because when I eventually finish this story I'll just start another one haha :)