mariah

Authors note:
idk about the climate in San Francisco (which is where the live not San Diego i fucked up) so I'm gonna assume it snows in winter lmao.
________________________________
Two days had passed since everything at the arcade. Me and corpse were texting back and forth constantly and I was obsessing over the fact that he was all mine. Not officially but official enough for me. He was right, why did we need labels as long as we had each other.

Clay told me that ever since George found out what had truly happened that night at the cinema he had completely ghosted Julie.

<I'm worried about him.> he wrote.
<he'll be okay, he's got ur place to stay at and the support of both corpse and I.>
<ik thx>
<ofc, corpse said he kinda feels at fault for this.>
<he shouldn't, that bitch arse fucking ratfaced whore is the problem>
<ok we get it u don't like her> I laughed.
<no one does>
<ofc considering she is a bitch arse fucking rat faced whore.>
<yep :)>
<u and George have a special bond, he'll come around and eventually be able to open up to you.>
<I hope so> he said and our conversation ended.

I really did worry about George but I hoped this meant his friendship with corpse could be fixed. It would be good for both of them, I knew they missed each other.

I tried to brush aside all the shit like this that was happening in my life from time to time because I wanted to focus on the good stuff.

Christmas, Christmas was in two weeks and I hadn't even put up the damn tree.

It's only 3pm I could just start now, I thought.

So I did. I took everything, the tree, the baubles, the stars, the stockings, out of the garage and began putting it all up.

First the tree. I got the massive thing up and started to decorate it with silver, blue and gold baubles. I blasted music in my speaker so it could probably be heard through-out the whole street.

I..don't want a lot for christmas

The lyrics of the new song started.

There is just one thing I need

I went to turn the volume even louder.

And I don't care about the presents under neath the Christmas tree

I kicked all the boxes to the side to clear a proper section of the floor as my stage.

I just want you for my own

I began my show, dancing with my hands on my hips in sync with the rythm of the music.

more than you could ever know,
Make my wish come true,
All I want for Christmas is you

The cheery jingle of the song started and I began moving around ecstatically, sliding down the floor in my fuzzy warm socks and colourful pyjamas.

I was jumping around and singing with so much passion I felt like the embodiment of Mariah Carey.

That was until the doorbell rang.

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes. "Hey google pause." I groaned in annoyance. I wasn't even expecting anyone anyways so I had no idea who was at my front door.

"I can hear mariah from down the street." The deep voice smirked at me as soon as I opened the door for him. "Corpse!" I grinned before jumping on him. I latched my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He hugged me back around the waist, making sure I wouldn't fall off of him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked when he put me back down. "I don't know, I was just passing by and I thought I'd come visit." He smiled nervously.

"Cute, you were thinking of me." I smirked. "Oh come on I'm allowed to think of my e-girl." He rolled his eyes. "E-girl." I mocked him, putting up finger quotes as I spoke the words. "Yes." He nodded. "Whatever come inside." I invited, moving to the side for him to walk past.

"You must be so cold." I said, taking off his damp rain jacket and putting it on a rack to dry. "It's freezing outside." Corpse shivered, trying to stand in the way of my heater to warm up. "Well good thing you're in here then." I comforted with a warm smile.