50 / / darlin'

in the afternoon the next day, my aunt and annabella were at my doorstep. "thankyou so much for taking her for the day y/n." my auntie thanked me for the hundredth time. "of course, it's cool that corpse is coming over too right?" she covered her daughters ears mid sentence. "it's fine she loves him but maybe frain from saying 'corpse'." she told me awkwardly. I rolled my eyes and took her hands off annas ears. "it's just his name, don't worry, have fun tonight." i waved her goodbye with a grin and anna copied me.

I closed the door. "overprotective parents am i right?" i said with gritted teeth, placing my hand on Annas back as she grinned, following my lead into the living room. She climbed onto the couch, laughing as she did her best to jump on considering my couch was kind of high for a small 5 year old. Eventually she made it up all by herself and i cheered and clapped as she smiled proudly of herself. I let her watch Netflix for an hour and make herself at home while we waited for corpse to come over.

Eventually we heard a knock on the door, which scared her at first but then she became curious. she paused the kids show she was watching, hopped carefully off the couch, and slowly walked toward the front door. I followed after her so I could invite corpse in but she ran away when my hand touched the handle.

"hey y/n" i opened the door to a big smile coming from Corpse. I turned my head to see Anna had run off behind my couch, her head peeped up and she jumped when she saw who was at the door. She came running back and hugged corpse tightly.

"hey anna." he laughed, taken aback slightly from how quickly she ran. "honey you have to let go of him." i bent down to break the news to her, but she simply ignored me. "anna." i tried to say more sternly but she still refused to listen so i physically pulled her arms away from corpse to detach them.

She frowned at me but i stood back up and turned my head away, ignoring her back, with a slight smirk on my face. corpse held annas hand to make her happy again and walked her back into the living room. He lifted her up so it wouldn't take ages for her to get back on the couch and sat down with her. "i'm gonna go finish up lunch, I'll be quick." I anounced and went to finish up my stuff as Corpse started up the kids show that Anna was watching again.

I was making 2 minute noodles, was it the best for a 5 year old? probably not. did i care? no, not really. I was just happy that this was an easy meal to make because I sure as hell wasn't going to be in the kitchen for 2 hours while corpse and anna got to hang out.

I finished up the noodles quickly and walked back into the living room, anna turned to me excitedly when she smelled what i had been cooking up and was more than happy to yank the bowl out of my hands. we ate in silence as her show kept playing on the tv but after a while anna started looking tired. she groaned and rested her back on the couch, breathing out dramatically.

"what is it?" i asked her and she looked up at me, unimpressed. "i'm bored." "well what do you want to do?" "not watch this show anymore." she looked at me like it was obvious. "well, other than that." "I dunno." she shrugged her shoulders.

Corpses eyes scanned my living room until they stuck to something. "do you want to listen to music." he asked anna and she looked at him curiously. "like baby shark?"

Corpse chuckled. "No i was thinking something a little bit older." He got up and went over to my record player, picking up a vinyl and showing it to Anna. "do you know what this is?"

"A plate with a hole." she said confindently and we both laughed. "what?" she looked slightly embarrassed and I felt a bit bad. "it's a record." i explained, leading her towards the record player. she touched the vinyl in Corpses hand, feeling the different patterns on the disk. "what does it do?"