mine

"What are we" I asked. Corpses face froze. I don't think he expected such a bold question from me. Not even I did, I just couldn't stop myself before the words came out of my mouth. "Mine." He replied instantly before realising what he had said. He looked deep in thought trying to come up with a proper answer. "We are.." he started but drifted off into thought again. "Here for each other." He finally continued. "I really like you and I care about you and I like being here with you. Who says we need labels right?"

Well that hurt a bit. Maybe I misheard him the other night and he didn't love me back.

CORPSES POV:

shit, why did I say that? Why couldn't I just tell her I loved her? Why couldn't I ask her to be my girlfriend? She looked so dissapointed when I said we didn't need labels. I knew she did. It would give her a peace of mind but I just didn't know how to give her that. Our relationship was so complicated.

"Well I'd like labels." She said slowly looking up at me. I couldn't ask her out right now. The time just didn't feel right. I only knew that I wanted her all to myself. I wasn't selfish but I wanted her. I wanted her to be mine. "Then you're my e-girl." She looked at me with a confused expression. "Because you ruining my life in the best way." I explained with a warm smile.

Y/N'S POV:

my heart couldn't help but melt. I loved this. The warmest smile erupted on my face matching corpses. "I love it." Like I loved him.

Stop y/n. This isn't the right time.

"And I'm your e-boy." Corpse explained. "You're so sappy." I laughed. "Shutup that's the only time I'm ever repeating my lyrics, you better be happy now."
"I am." I said as I leaned closer to him. Corpse followed my action and leaned over the table to be closer to me. His eyes darted to the window and then back. I turned around to see where he was looking but only saw some door.

I started zoning out thinking about corpse in a a bright green meadows surrounded by grass and flowers and the bright blue sky. I didnt know why but the image of him laying in the fresh grass just kept playing in my head and I loved it there.

"Can you roller skate." "Huh?" I asked, breaking out of my trance. "Yes." I said when I finally snapped back into reality. "Good because I can't."

He got up out of his seat and went to the front of the cafe to pay for our meals and then came back over to me. "Come." He said, pulling out his hand for me to take. I placed my hand in his large one. The metal of his rings feeling icy on my warm skin.

I stood up and followed his lead. He took us through the door he had looked at before and it lead a to a roller skating rink.

 He took us through the door he had looked at before and it lead a to a roller skating rink

"There's a roller rink here?" I asked in surprise. I genuinely didn't realise and we had been here for hours. Corpse lead me around the rink towards a stall with stacks of skates piled behind the front desk and rang the bell. A member of the staff appeared and he put his elbow on the desk with a smug look on his face.

"Two pairs of skates please." He smiled looking back a me. The employee got us our skates and we went to go put them on. I got mine on without a fuss but corpse was clearly new at this whole skating thing.

"These laces make no sense." He complained. I went over to him and knelt down to fix his laces and make sure his skates were on properly. "The last thing I want is for you to break your leg right now." I said amongst the busy chatter of everyone else at the rink. It was funny how different it felt in here compared to the arcade which was only 1 door away. "I mean it would be fun to watch you carry me out of here." "You think I couldn't do it?" I challenged. "I know you couldn't do it."

I backed away from his skates and walked over to the entrance of the rink. "I guess I ll have to let you break a leg then and we'll find out."
"No I'm not betting anything on your noodle arms."

I rolled my eyes. "Help." He reached his arm out to me and i crossed my arms staring at him. "If I break a leg then I can't lift you up and fu-" "ok!" I interrupted. "There are kids here you idiot." I scolded waking over to help him get up. "And?" "You've never been skating before have you?" "What gave it away?" He replied sarcastically, looking down at my hands. One was holding his and the other was ready to catch him in case he fell. It was safe to say I had no faith in corpses ability to skate.

We entered the rink carefully, me leading the way and corpse trying his best to balance himself. He was holding my wrists so tightly I thought my bloodstream was about to cut off. "Geez calm down, falling on ice is worse anyways, you're gonna be fine."

"You push me so far out of my comfort zone." He said, staring into my eyes. There was probably some deeper meaning behind that but right now I was just interested in seeing corpse fall on his arse. "Hey it was your idea to put on a pair of skates." I let go of him with no warning but somehow he managed to stay standing.

You did it!" I cheered loudly, clapping at the same time. I only just realised how loud the rest of the place was. There was music blasting heavily, the chatter of everyone else supporting their friends and partners in skating and sound of the actual skates hitting the concrete as well as many clumsy peoples arses. I was sure corpse would soon be one of those clumsy people.

All this was happening amongst the craziness of the colourful flashing lights and reflecting lines of the disco ball on the roof.

I spun in a little circle while I waited for corpse to roll closer to me. "No need to show off." I hadn't even realised that I was. I spent a lot of my childhood skating, it was a hobby of mine so doing little tricks were normal to me. It didn't feel like showing off. "Sorry." I apologised putting my hand out for corpse again. I lead him a whole 1/2 way around the rink and I could tell he was slowly getting more comfortable on his wheels. The man was a fast learner.

We had just passed 3/4 of the way when he tripped over his own skates and fell hard on his arse. "Ow!" He yelled. I put my hand out to pick him up but he rejected it. "I can pick myself up thankyou." He said smugly, obviously to hide his annoyance at himself that he actually ended up falling.

It took him a solid 6 minutes of falling over and over again to finally accept my help and get back up on his feet.

We continued our way. singing along to the music coming from the loud speaker as we went.

The intro to a new song started playing.
It was slow.
________________________________
Authors note:
You guys can play the song if u want :)
this will probs make more sense with it playing, it's linked up the top
________________________________
Once in a lifetime, it's just right
we make no mistakes.

Corpse head peered up excitedly. "I love this song." A smile appeared on my face and an idea popped up in my head. "Come with me." He nodded and I lead him to the centre of the rink. I stopped us both once we reached the middle and put my arms around his neck, swaying to the music.

Out loud someone's calling my name

He put his arms around my waist and swayed along with me. Side to side to the sound of the music.

When I close my eyes,
all the stars aline

We sang along. I closed my eyes and rested my head in his chest, still swaying. We were in a moment of complete peace. Like it was only me and him and no one else. The bustle of busy people felt like they had disappeared and only the sound of the music and corpses soft breathes remained.

You are by my side,
You are by my side

"You're mine and I'm yours. That's what you are to me." Corpse whispered softly in my ear as the song finished up and our serenity was broken.