48 / / miss you

I made a dramatic exit out of the ballroom, catching the eye of a few curious guests but none whom I would give any bother to. I only had one focus.

I called up a cab, hoping for my sake that it would arrive here as quickly as possible so I wouldn't be forced to wait outside this enormous building for any longer.

"where are you going?" sofia asked from inside and my heart stopped, i genuinely forgot about all the other people amidst my need to get to corpse as quickly as I could. doing it over the phone wouldn't cut it, i had to see him in person.

"i need to see corpse." i confessed to her quickly. She knew what I meant and nodded sympathetically, almost as if she understood what I was going through. "i need to see someone, myself." she looked like she had a sudden self-realisation. I guess tonight was just that kind of night. She looked at me warmly before going back inside quickly.

My cab arrived and I immediately told the driver to go to corpses house. The car ride there was agony, thoughts swarmed my head. Maybe he didn't want to see me?Maybe he was happy we weren't together anymore? Maybe he was happier with Julie and the child?

I had no comfort within myself, no answers to anything, I hadn't spoken to the man in days and I was walking in completely blind but I just felt it in my heart that I had to go make things right. I had to at least explain myself to him.

We arrived at corpses house after what felt like an eternity and I payed the driver hurriedly before quite literally running up to corpses front door in my heels and flowy long dress. It was cold and the floor was wet from snow and rain but I did my best to ignore it. I jogged up his front steps and paused, taking in a deep, nervouse breath, before knocking on the door.

No answer.

I knocked again.

No answer.

I rang on the doorbell several times, and still got no answer. Corpse always answered on the first knock. It didn't matter if we were arguing or not, he always answered me.

Maybe he wasn't here. I realised and my face dropped. What if he was out with someone else? My mind suddenly went to the worst places again but only one thing was certain. Corpse wasn't here. If he was, he would have opened the door by now.

I disappointedly turned around to make my way back down the concrete steps with my head held low. I was lucky the cab driver hadn't left yet so I hopped back in the vehicle and asked him to take me home.

the long ride was painful, i was filled with thoughts wondering where he could be, if he had even remembered we were supposed to attend the party tonight. maybe he was too busy with his new family.. maybe he didn't care about all our old plans.

I knew he wasn't going to come tonight after everything that had happened but that didn't mean he could just forget everything we've ever done together. we literally bought our outfits for this party together, if he just forgot about it, it would show that he really doesn't care. that i made the right decision leaving him and letting him be happy with his unborn kid.

my mind still couldn't process that new information, it felt crazy to think that corpse was going to be father, whether we were dating or not.

I finally arrived to my home and thanked the driver, dissapointed of tonights outcome. my head was held low and I stared at the ground as I walked up to my front door, dragging my shoes on the concrete as I went. I looked up to find the key to my house when I heard a soft tune humming nearbye me. It was quiet, and low, just able for me to hear.

its lonely out here in the snow,

all on my own, all by myself,

no one to vouch for me,

here i stand,

alone.

It was corpse, he was sitting in the front yard of my home, alone in the snow. My whole body froze, but he didn't seem to notice I had seen him, probably too lost in his own thoughts to realise. "what are you doing here?" i managed to let out in shock. he lifted his head up and turned around slowly to face me, looking like a lost puppy.

"i missed you." he confessed. "why now?" I was so confused as to why he was sitting here, I missed him too so much but what the hell was he doing in front of my house by himself. "I wanted to go the the party still." he refused to hold eye contact with me, looking like he was slowly regretting his decision to come here. "I went by myself." I stated the obvious, looking down at my dress. It was when I looked up that I realised he was in the suit we had bought together for him.

He stood up and came over to me. "I'm sorry." I apologized and he finally looked me in the eyes. "No I am, I dragged you into this mess." "It's not your fault, I should have been more supportive-" i tried to explain but corpse interrupted me. "no I understand why you left, it's a lot to handle, but it shouldn't be the reason we break up right? I'm so happy when I'm around you." he said the last sentence with a small smile and I couldn't help but copy it. He was holding onto my hands gently, keeping eye contact with me now. "we can take things slowly while we figure out what to do with Julie, but I don't want this to be the end of us."

"neither do I." 

I wrapped my arms around his cold body and embraced him into a warm hug. I missed him.

"I was really fucking  hoping it'd be different this year." he chuckled, talking about all the drama we wanted to leave behind in the new year. "It can be, lets go back to the ball." I suggested. The night was still young, and the party was far from over. Corpse agreed with me and led me to his car so he could drive us back to the ballroom I began the evening in. The car ride was silent, neither of us sure of what to say. It wasn't awkward per se, but it wasn't the most comfortable silence either. luckily he got there fairly quickly and got out of the car first to open the passenger door for me.

still a gentleman, I see.

We entered the doorway hand in hand,  Ladyfingers was playing in the background.

Sofia came up to us, in a much better mood than when I last saw her and greeted us again, "y/n, corpse!" she said excitedly. "I was wondering where you guys were."

I heard someone chuckle behind her, she had blue hair and looked a little out of place at such a formal event. "whos your friend?" I asked sofia, her smile broke like she didnt expect that question. "her name is becca." she hesitated before answering awkwardly. I was just happy to get the attention off of me and corpse. "I prefer minx." the blue haired lady corrected shyly, putting out her hand for me to shake. "minx." I repeated smirking and she just nodded. "y/n can I talk to you?" sofia asked and we left corpse and minx by themselves so we could talk seperately. 

"are you okay?" she spoke quietly. "yeah, corpse and I just had to deal with something when I left." "y/n you can be honest with me." she spoke solemly, i guess it wasn't hard to tell I was hiding something from her.

"do you remember Julie?" I began. "Yeah, weren't you best friends with her?" Sofia asked and it was then that I decided to just spill my guts to her. So I let it all out.
____________________________
authors note:
stream miss you or I will stab your eye sockets, much love xx