arcade

I woke up the next morning with the warmest feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Corpse loved me. He didn't know I knew, but I did.

I woke up first and shook his body until he finally awoke in annoyance.

"Stop." He groaned in complain, trying to shove me away playfully. His morning voice was somehow even deeper than his real voice, and it was raspy too. Plus the his bed head, life couldn't be better. Okay maybe I didn't mean that, life could be better in a lot of ways but this moment where I was free to just stare at corpses resting face was perfect.

The way his mouth drooped at the side and his eyes were at peace and his fluffy hair had fallen over the side of his head to sit on the couch. He looked like a sleepy, little child. He was so cute. I wanted to hold him and rock him in my arms.

I need to stop thinking like this

I thought to myself. I shook corpse again, getting a bit impatient now and he groaned once more. I continued until he finally turned his head to face me. "What?" He asked in annoyance. "Get up sleepyhead." I whispered with a smile. He looked over at the time and saw it was 10am. He groaned again before finally sitting up in front of me. He copied my position and crossed his legs, trying to wake himself up and fix his posture.

"I had an idea for today," I started. Corpse looked at me with dopey eyes and a tired smile. "I wanted to get our minds off everything that has just happened because it feels like shit and I don't want to deal with it." I continued sternly. "So I was thinking we could just spend time with each other and go somewhere today." Corpse looked at me inquisitively.

"And where would we go?" He asked looking interested in my idea. "I was thinking the arcade." I told him excitedly. Corpses eyes widened and the smile on his face grew larger.

Well that sure woke him up.

"I'd love that." He agreed, I squealed a bit and hugged him. This might have been the best idea I had come up with considering we were both so competitive.

"So is this a date?" He asked shyly, looking up at me. I laughed quietly, not wanting to answer that question. So I didn't.

I had been to the arcade before but never with someone as competitive as corpse. I was honestly kind of scared of how hard he would go on me. Not that I couldn't handle it. He didn't know who he was dealing with either.

We got ready and corpse drove us to the arcade. We hopped out of his car and walked up to the front door. "Ladies first." He said as he bowed and opened the door for me to walk through. "Ye, I will come first." I smirked. "We'll see about that." He grinned cheekily.

I entered the building and saw the biggest variety of old video games. I was in love. "I haven't been to an arcade in ages." Corpse said in awe, putting his arm around my waist and leaning his side into mine.

The room was coloured in neon purple lights and covered in a range of different games. Classic games and new games, there was something for everyone. Our ears were blasted with the sound of loud music and the cheering of other people in the packed room. the energy of the place was electrifying. I just wanted to get in there and start playing.

My eyes darted over to the space invaders machine

My eyes darted over to the space invaders machine. I grabbed corpse by the wrist and ran over to it before someone could take our place. "I may have not played since I was a kid, but I was a legend." I grinned as I put the coin into the machine. Corpse put his coin into the machine next to mine and pressed the start button. We began, our eyes focused completely on the game and wanting to win.

Eventually I heard corpse groan in annoyance and dramatically back away from the machine signalling his loss. I only lasted a little bit longer before I died as well. "Told you." I smirked at him.

He shoved me playfully without saying a word and then dragged me to the next game. Donkey Kong.
I'd be lying if I said I was any good at this one.
"Well I was a legend at this one." Corpse bragged before putting a coin into the machine and waiting for me. "Yep." I nodded, the pitch of my voice going a little higher. I cautiously put my coin in and started the game. Corpse was so involved into the game he refused to look away from the screen. I however, died so quickly it was embarrassing. The big, red 'GAME OVER' flashed onto my screen and I could tell corpse had seen it through the corner of his eyes because he smirked before getting back to his game.

He got so damn far in and I just stood there and watched him passing all the levels until eventually he failed one. I laughed quietly. "What are you laughing at?" He asked with a massive smile plastered into his face. "Myself." I finally confessed and broke out into laughter. "I mean, you weren't that bad." He chuckled slightly, trying to save me from embarrassment. "You don't need to lie to me corpse. Congratulations." I curtseyed. He rolled his eyes and crosses his arms at me but his dumb smile never left his face.

"Basketball." "Huh?" He looked confused. I grabbed onto his arm and dragged him to the basketball game. "I'm good at this." "Well so am I." He said too confidently. "Oh yeh?" I challenged. "We'll see about that." I said, turning to the game and grabbing my first ball.
____________________________________
authors note:
I haven't updated in ages I'm soo sorryyy
I ll be updating more often now I have more time.
rest of the arcade "date" next chapter :)