a drink

Eventually I found Julie sitting by herself on a stool at the bar, clearly drinking her feelings away. I went to pull out the stool next to her so I could comfort her.

"Babe what's wrong?" I asked in my drunken state.
"I think I'm gonna go." She said slowly, slurring her words.
"What? why?" I didn't expect that, she was always the last one to leave a party, clearly something was very wrong.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly. Her eyes were tearing up now.
"I just saw someone I didn't wanna see." She mumbled.
"Plus it's getting kind of late," it was 10:00, that's not late, especially for Julie.
"I should go." She continued.

"No, you can't leave me here." I pleaded, "I'll be all alone, I ll be alone and drunk. Do you know how sad that is?" I asked trying to lighten the mood so she wouldn't leave. "Well I'm basically alone and drunk so.." she laughed sadly.

"Julie you're not alone you have me." I told her more sternly this time. She looked up at me and then to her left into the crowd of people and instantly turned her head back. I could tell that she had spotted the person she didn't want to be seeing. But for what reason?

"I'm sorry, I have to go." She spoke quickly before getting up and leaving.

So there I was, alone in a nightclub. I sat on the barstool for a little while longer trying to process what had just happened because this was far from Julie's normal self. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, nothing made any sense.

I looked around to find my purse so I could buy another drink but felt nothing on the bench. Or on the floor. Or on any of the other stools.

Shit, I left my purse with Julie, she must have walked out with it. I could almost roll my eyes at how horrible this night, which was supposed to be so great, was turning out to be.

Welp, guess I ll have to get some guy to buy a drink for me then.
I thought to myself before walking into the busy crowd of people dancing amongst each other.

I walked up to some random guy. He had chocolate brown, mid length hair and pretty hazel eyes. He also seemed innocent, he would definitely buy me something. We danced for a little while before he offered me the drink, as I assumed he would, and walked me back to the bar.

We ordered drinks and made small talk for a little bit before I told him I had to go to the bathroom. Well, made the excuse that I had to go the bathroom. In all honesty he was kind of boring. Don't get me wrong he was nice, but isn't nice just another word for boring.

Anyways, I got up off my stool and made my way to the bathroom, trying to avoid knocking into every single person who somehow managed to keep getting in my way.

Then I felt someone knock into my shoulder. I was not in the mood for this tonight, I should have just gone home with Julie.

"Watch where you're going jerk!" I yelled at the idiot who bumped into me.

And then I turned around to see who it was.

"Y/n?" I heard the deep voice ask.