Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen - Natalie's Pov

I open up the door that reads 36 pushing the cart through the tiny doorway. There is another cart in the middle of the living room type area, it is about halfway filled. "Do I hear my favorite roommate?" A feminine voice comes from the next room. I stop pushing the cart, letting it wheel off by itself for a second. "Maybe."

I go to the next room, I see the girl putting things away in the small closet while a boy sits on the bed, dangling his feet over the edge. "Hey Nat," The boy says, looking up at me.

"Hey Vikk..."

"Natalie!" My roommate jumps up and down just before hugging me. "How are you!?"

"I'm good! How about you, ? How is you and your poor excuse of a boyfriend doing?" I nod over to Vikk who frowns at me, "Man. I already want you to go back to Australia," He says sarcastically.

"Don't be such a asshole Vikk!" She starts to walk over to my empty room, "So, how was your summer?"

"Good," I grab a bag from my cart, I'm hoping it is the one containing my bedding. "Good? Come on Natalie! Nothing eventful? Did you at least see that one guy... Tall, blonde hair, a douche?"

"You mean Lachlan?"

"Yeah Lachlan! Did he get on his knees and beg for forgiveness?" Kylie rolls her eyes, unzipping one of my suit cases. "Kinda.."

What do I do with these?" She holds up four Teen Wolf DVD's. "I'll take them."

I take the DVD's and throw them on my bed. "Here, go out this in the bathroom," I hold up some soap, but she doesn't take it. "Kylie?? Are you gonna take it or not?"

"Where'd you get that ring?"

"Huh?" I act like I don't know what she's talking about. "Oh, stop that!" She grabs my hand, looking at the ring on my finger. "You talk, you talk now."

"It's not what you think, I mean it is a little of what you think, but it's not," I say, pulling my hand away. "Then what is it? Please tell me it's not from Lachlan!"

I stay silent, not sure what to say, making her sigh. "Natali-" She began, I almost immediately interrupted her. "-Just let me tell you how it happened, he is seriously-"

"No. I refuse, Natali! Did you forget what he did to you!? Did you forgot who he ran away to?" I had made her quite frustrated, probably because I complained about him 50% of the time. "He's... Different."

"Different my ass!" She scoffs, rolling her eyes. "You're getting all googly eyed! Stop!" I laughed, she sounded like a kindergartener, protecting her friend against cooties. "Just let me tell you how nice he was."

"Begin with when you got back together, please tell me it wasn't right away."

"No, not at all. It was, sweet... He just said that he still loved me. I know he had been saying it all summer, but it was different and I felt guilty so yeah.." I explain very, very vaguely. She stares at me, "Okay... That was frustratingly vague. What about the ring? You aren't getting married are you!?"

"No! No... It is kind of like a promise ring."

"That's one big promise ring!" Kylie replies, looking at the ring on my finger again. I was starting to feel subconscious about it, with her staring and judging me. I put my hand in the coat of my hoodie to make myself feel slightly better. "Why would you even take him back after how badly he hurt you? I don't even understand how you could-" I interior her, my cheeks heating up with embarrassment.

"-Kylie, please stop." Her expression suddenly softens, and she sighs, "I'm sorry. You know I get a little mad sometimes. I didn't mean to upset you."

"I'm over it... The upside is that I have him wrapped around my finger," I say with a flip of my hair, making Kylie laugh a little. "Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!"

"Hey, uhm- I have some boxes in my car, would you mind helping me bring them up?" I asked, twirling my hair while flashing a smile. It could make any boy melt, but Kylie is no boy. She laughs at my attempt to get her to help me, "Nice try, Nat. You should go and see if that'll work on Vikk." I smirk at her idea, and go back to Kylie's room where Vikk sits on her laptop playing Minecraft.

"Hey Vikk..." I twirl my hair around my fingers, he doesn't look up. "Vikk!" I shout, making him jump. "Jesus Christ, inside voices!"

"Now that I have your attention, I just wanted to ask you something," I say while I still have his attention. "What?" Kylie is already laughing in the main room, covering her mouth to make it not so loud. I twirl my hair, once again, and flash a smile, "I have boxes left in my car, can you help me get them?" He melted all right. Oddly, easier than most. I was pretty sure he lost the ability to form words, he just nodded his head and left his laptop on the bed.

"Dude!" Kylie shouts, practically shoving me over, "You gotta teach me that!" I laugh, shoving her back less aggressive.

About 3 minutes later, we are down at my rental car. "So what exactly happened last night?" Vikk asked, Kylie probably wondering the same thing. I told them about how... Sexual and fun it had gotten. Bad idea. I thought back on the event of last night, I remember dancing with Lachlan, doing my best and try and make it hard for him to keep up, and then I remember having sex with him, probably the best sex I've had in a while, actually.

"You're going to have to get me extremely drunk for me to tell you that." I said while handing Kylie a box from the trunk.

"Challenge accepted," Vikk looked me dead in the eyes, with such strong confidence it almost made me burst out laughing. I looked away from his almost-death stare, lugging out a box full of books and movies. "Can you carry this?"

"Sure." I handed Vikk the box, and he looked through it a big, "I love you!" I shook my head, blinking my eyes. I heard Lachlan's voice, creeping through Vikk's heavy English accent. "What?"

"I said I love these movies..." He raised his eyebrow, noticing my sudden awkwardness. I had him two more boxes, "What can I say, I am a good movie picker."

Vikk nods, Kylie trying to peer in the box of movies that is now covered. "How about we just go have some fun?" Lachlan's voice spoke again.

"Yeah... Lets just get all these boxes first."

"What...?" Vikk asked, struggling to keep his stack of boxes upright. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I was hearing things. "I just... I just thought you were getting tired so I said 'let's just get all these boxes first.'"

"Oh okay," Vikk replies, Kylie still eyeing me for my sudden weird behavior. "Is this the last of them?" I nodded, closing the trunk with my only free hand, struggling to carry the boxes with one hand.

"Yeah, that's all."

(Authors Notes)

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG! I had no inspiration, but now..... I know exactly what's going to happen, I wrote 32 bullet points of things in my notes.