Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven - Lachlan's Pov

Her hands wrap around my neck, she presses closer to me. Just when I am about to kiss back she pulls away. Her hand is on my chest as if to keep me away.

"I kissed you for your dad, not because I wanted to." She says and brings me into an embrace. "And if you think this will happen again you are surely wrong."

Then she kisses me again, and puts on the most fake smile I have ever seen. I would smile back, but all I want is more.

I feel her warm hands touch mine, I thought she would take them in hers and kiss me again. Instead she removes them and closes the door right in my face.

I want to knock at the door again and kiss her again. All I wanted was more, more of everything. Instead I turn around and walk back to the fancy Prius running in the driveway.

"You said you were picking something up." My dad said as soon as I close the passenger side door and buckle up. "She did not have it."

"And what exactly was the thing you were picking up?" He asks, tapping his fingers on the leather steering wheel. "I was... Picking up a-" I am interrupted before I can finish. "Just get out Lachaln. Go, be with her."

"What?" It was like he read my mind. I wanted to be with her, but she did not want to be with me. That's the sad truth about a girl that is already interested in someone else. They will friend zone you until you beg on your knees.

He lets out a long exhale before replying. "I know you don't want to hang out with your old man... Go ahead, spend time with your friend."

"You know? How?" He smiles like he is so satisfied with the way he figured out. "Your Mother told me."

"Oh..." I pause for a moment, "I guess I will be leaving now." I finish, opening the passenger side door. He doesn't say anything. All he does is nod and turn on some classic rock.

I walk up to her door, once again. I knock once, then twice, finally by the third knock Natalie opens the door. "I'm not kissing you again."

I laugh slightly, "I was just wondering if I could come inside?" She raises her eyebrow and steps forward, closing the door slightly. "Why?"

"Does there have to be a specific reason?" I ask, smirking for no apparent reason. "Yes."

"He's with me." A male voice says from behind Natalie.

Jerome steps into view and smiles, reaching out his hand for me to grab. I do, and he pulls me inside.

"O-okay..." Natalie mutters and closes the door behind us. She doesn't say a word to me as the three of walk out to her living room and sit down specific spots. To her, I am not even here.

Mitch is playing on his phone on the cold hardwood floor once he starts to speak. "So, Lachlan... Did you hear about the news?"

I raise my eyebrow out of suspicion. "What? No... What news?"

He looks up at Natalie and smiles. "Your ex-girlfriend here rejected Preston!"

Jerome erupts in cheers and claps. "I DO NOT SHIP IT!" He screams, "NATALIE + PRESTON = NOTHING BECAUSE IT WON'T HAPPEN."

Natalie stays silent and just smiles. For some reason that was all that was needed.

"I think I'm going to head home." Jerome says, yawning. "Mitch, want to come?"

"Sure."

I laugh, "You're yawning at 10:02!?!?" He shrugs. "Yeah? I am tired..."

"Okay, goodbye then."

Once they leave the two of us sit in silence. It was more of a awkward silence than a peaceful silence.

She sits on the couch across from mine, dangling her feet over the arm. I am practically laying down. My back is rested on the arm, my legs are stretched out, and my head is laying on the cushion.

"I want to go for a ride." She says after what feels like an eternity of silence. "Okay?"

"We can take my car." She replies as he sits up straight. "I just want to look at the nature."

"It's dark."

"The world is always most beautiful at night." She says calmly. "I'll drive, if you want." I suggest since she is so interested in looking at the... Nature.

Natalie smiles while she stands up. "Sure, lets go!"

We walk to her garage and she opens up the door. I do what I said I would, and get into the drivers side.

Natalie's Pov - 11:11 P.M

As I stretch out my hand, his fingers slip between mine, and his warm palms press against mine.

"Just look at it Lachlan." I say breathlessly, looking up at the night sky. "I told you the world is most beautiful at night."

He smiles, "Yeah... It really is."

I rest my head on the door, listening to hum of the car. Closing my eyes, I open the window to listen to the warm summer air wisp around. Soon enough, I drift off into a peaceful sleep.

12:00 P.M

I was between consciousness and unconsciousness as Lachlan opened the passenger side and unbuckled my seatbelt. I felt his warm hand on my back and underneath my thighs. He lifted me up into his arms and closed the door.

I listened to another door open and his fathers voice erupt through the house. "How was Nata-" He begins, but is cut of by a shhhhh!

"Oh... Sorry!" His father whispers and walks away. I know because the floor creaks once it is stepped on.

Lachlan starts walk up the stairs, and that is when I open my eyes. He smiles down at me and says is low voice, "Go back to sleep."

I close my eyes again and rest my head on his chest. Listening to his inhales and exhales.

He lays me down on a bed, an I can tells by the covers that they are his. "Goodnight," He says calmly and kisses my forehead. "I love you."

I don't respond back, but I do open my eyes again and sit up. "Can you stay with me?"

He turns around in the doorway and walks a step closer. "Yeah, sure."

He removes his shoes and lays next to me on his queen size bed. His arms wrap around me, and he pulls me close. I turn so I am facing him.

"Goodnight."

I rest my head on his chest a drift off to sleep with Lachlan by my side.

"I love you too."