Chapter One

NOTE: IF YOU HAD NOT FINISHED READING SMILE YET I DO NOT RECOMMEND READING THIS! GO FINISH READING THE FINAL CHAPTERS THEN COME BACK!

Chapter One - Lachlan's Pov

Natalie barely gets inside before squealing at the sight of Preston. "What are you doing here!?" I sit in the next room over yet to be discovered. "It's been months since I have seen you! I just had to take a small trip when I had received your letter!"

"So you did get my letters! I thought since you never replied that they didn't send or something." She explains as her screen door shuts, making a very loud, unneeded noise. "I have a present for you."

"A present!" She says In a loud tone. I wish I could just see her face. "You didn't have to get me anything!"

"Don't think of it as a present," Preston replies with a tone that anybody could classify as suspicious. "Think of it as a favor."

That was my queue.

I stepped into the room they were in and watched Natalie as her facial expression went dull.

She hasn't changed a bit.

"Hey.." I said calmly adding in a smile. "You're quite a sucky gift giver Preston," She says plainly and, walks upstairs without a single reply back to me.

Preston shrugs, not quite sure what happened too.

I remember when she left.

It became days without hearing her voice.

Those days became weeks.

The weeks became months.

"Don't just stand there!" He demands. "Go talk to her!"

I didn't object, I wanted to talk to her again. I marched right upstairs to her room where her suitcase sits, opened but, Natalie isn't there.

"Looking for something?"

I turn around, Natalie stands right in front of me. "Actually, I am but, I found it." She walks past me, into her room, our arms touching once she moves.

She turns to me, no facial expression. "What do you want?" Her tone is cold so b r o k e n. I gulp, suddenly hesitating to reply. "I want to talk."

She turns back to her suitcase and continues unpacking, acting like I said nothing.

"I just wanted to ask if you're really still mad at me then why did you come back?" I get her attention again by choices. "Why'd I come back?" She repeats. "I didn't come back for you! I came back because I have nowhere else to go you jack ass!"

"I didn't expect you to come back for me but-" I was cut off, she didn't care.

"I told you to never talk to me again.."

"I don't want to fight with you, Natalie." I admit, keeping myself from screaming even though I wanted to. "You need to understand one thing." She finally turns to me, making eye contact, and presses her index finger into my chest. "I don't love you Lachlan. If you seriously think you can act like nothing happened you are so wrong! I wish I could be all rainbows and sunshine but, really.. I can't."

"So," I smirk, "If I were to kiss you right now what would you do?" She rolls her eyes yet I still feel the urge to kiss her and see what happens. "I would be very upset and kick you out."

I take her punishment into consideration but, kiss her anyways because I have been craving her taste.

"It was worth it." I whisper in her ear right before she pushes me away, full force, almost knocking me into the wall.

I smiled. "Nice shove there, Nat."

She walks over me, almost pinning me against the wall, and whispers something in my ear. "Take this and get out or I will pay someone to kill you." She slides piece of computer paper into my hand and pushes me out of her room, slamming the door loudly behind me.

I open the neatly folded piece of paper and read what was typed on it, she never did like her hand writing.

It read:

Lachlan,

Almost three years have gone by since you first showed up in my life and I honestly have spent ever moment thinking about you.

You're perfect blonde hair that was always combed up on one side.

You're easy ability to tell jokes.

And my absolute favorite thing about you is you're smile. That perfect pearly white smile that made my knees weak.

I wish I could tell you about how better off my life has been without you but, ever since we went our separate ways, I couldn't get a good night of sleep.

That first night was the worst. I wanted to call you so bad, hear that sweet Australian accent of yours but, I knew you wouldn't of picked up.

Maybe I still love you and I don't want this love to be over but, I've spent so many months trying to forget about you.

Someday my little Lachy will be in my life again.

Just give me some time.

Sincerely,

Natalie Ray James