Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen - Lachlan's Pov

"I want to go for a drive." Natalie said, her head resting on my chest where we sat on the couch waiting for the others to get back to the house. They had been drunk ding-dong ditching people. I went with them the first few times, but it got very old when Preston rang the doorbell and all of us ran away except Jerome who decided to start a conversation with the confused neighbor.

"Okay... Where do you want to go?"

Natalie hummed, considering if she had a specific place in mind. Her fingers were tracing the words on my t-shirt. I am getting used to letting her touch me again. I don't flinch or step away to keep from awkwardness between us.

"I just want to drive away..."

I remove my arm from her thigh and stand up, pulling my shirt down slightly, in realization that some of my skin was showing. "Alright, lets drive."

She smiles and jumps up from her spot and squeals quietly. "Beat you to your car!"

And that's when I break for it, chasing after her, letting out some laughter on the way outside. I'm glad we did not get drunk off our asses and ding-dong ditch people without noticing we were doing it wrong.

I grab her wrist, when her arms swings back as she runs. My fingers touch the hood of my car so she screeches, "You cheated," while giggling. "I did not realize there was rules."

"Well... Change of plans, there is rules."

"Bullshit!" I shout, throwing my hands in the air. She laughs and walks over to the passenger side, swinging the door open so wide that it almost hits the side of Preston's car. Gladly she didn't, because that would make an awkward conversation once he gets sober.

I start up the car and Natalie rest her head on the center console. It is totally silence, except the rumble of the engine. It is quiet enough that I can hear her inhale then exhale and inhale again.

On the car ride there it was silent. Not an awkward silence.. More of a calm and peaceful silence, like right before you fall asleep.

Natalie knows something's up.. That we are not going on a drive.

I pull into my driveway, and she sits up, looking at my house. "What are we doing here?"

"We are doing something we haven't done in a while." I smile, an open my car door. "What..?"

"Just follow me!" Say as she gets out of the car and closes the car door. We walk inside, saying hello to my Mother and Father on our way upstairs.

"Seriously.. What are we doing?" She's smiling, but her tone told me straight up that she was nervousness. Whenever she is nervous, her face gets red and she stutters, and laughs for no reason.

I don't answer until I reach my window, and open it. "We are going on the roof."

Natalie stays silent, but follows me out onto the roof. She grabs ahold of me, fearful that she might fall, and when she is comfortable up here she sits down. I do the same.

She traces her fingers on the creases on my palm. "You are so smart."

"Sure I am..." I reply sarcastically, chuckling.

Our eyes meet and I instantly lost everything in them. My mind went completely blank, other than thoughts of Natalie. Her soft lips, that would always be chapped during the winter. Her glasses she always wore at school, but now she never wears them because of her contacts. Her smile was beautiful, it wasn't perfect. There was plaque on them early morning when she still had yet to brush her teeth. Sometimes her breath smelled like Mountain Dew Voltage, her favorite drink. She always kept her hair up in a ponytail, her bangs kept back with a headband. I wish she'd wear her hair down more often. She says she hates her hair, but I think it is amazing. Sometimes it's big and fluffy like a lion, but most of the time it is straightened.