Chapter Twenty-Three

Lachlan's Pov
Four Months Later

Natalie walked over to the coach I was sitting on, holding two shot glasses and a bottle of whiskey in her hands. "I thought we were watching movies?" She looks over at the TV, the menu of The Maze Runner playing its series of small clips, basically urging you to press play so you don't see too much of the movie before you can even watch the full thing. "Movies are boring, I wanna have fun!" See said, putting this smile on her face that made her look like an innocent little schoolgirl. Considering I've watched The Maze Runner like five times already, I think this is the best way to go. I sit on one side of the coffee table, she sits on the other.

"I guess we can... Do that..." I said taking the shot glass full of whiskey. Natalie smiles at me, taking her glass as well, "Cheers to getting drunk at three in the afternoon!"

We clunked our glasses together as I gave her a smile, going through many things I could say. "Hmm, never have I ever played never have I ever." Natalie had a perplexed look on her face as I took my first shot of whiskey of the game. "What? Something wrong?"

"Does playing never have I ever with juice count? Like I've played, but not with alcohol..."

"Sure."

She downs her first short in less than two seconds, taking a moment afterwards to get over the taste.

"Never have I ever worn makeup voluntarily," She said, making sure to take her second shot, "Have you actually put makeup on?"

"I've had my fair share of being forced to play salon with Candace, she would use my moms makeup to 'cover up my ugly face.'" She laughed, seeming to enjoy my small story. "Never have I ever had a boyfriend," I said smirking, hoping to get her pretty drunk.

Drunk Natalie is fun. No, I take that back drunk and high Natalie is fun.

"Never have I ever had sex with anyone else," Natalie stares at me blankly, waiting for me to pour myself another glass and drink. "Wait... Are you serious?" I laugh as she nods. "Its just.. it's surprising!"

"Surprising why? That actually kind of offends me..." She looks down at her glass like she afraid of it. "Well," I watch as she picks up the glass, taking her second shot of whiskey. "That's why..."

"You're kidding right?"

"No."

"You didn't... When!?"

She sighed, seeming like half of her didn't want to say anything but the other half wanted to tell me so badly. "It was during the summer we were apart... I decided to see other people. I dated this guy named Landon."

Landon...

Lachlan...

"My god you have a type."

"I do not!" She crosses her arms over her chest. "Let's just keep playing..."

About 10 shots later, Natalie was feeling quite dizzy and 'wobbly' in her words. I was pretty experienced at never have I ever, I knew how to distract the other to make them not have as long enough time to think about a good thing to say. Natalie can get drunk really fast, by five shots she was already saying she was feeling it, but I only had 6 shots, plus I would take a sip of my water whenever she wasn't looking so I could take care of her while she was 'high on life,' in her words.

"I don't want to play anymore," She said quietly, curling up a little, resting her head on my lap. Almost instantly, she was alive and excited, next, all her energy was gone.

"Can you help me upstairs?" She asks, noticeably swaying. "Of course," Natalie giggles as I pick her up. It took me forever to get upstairs and to lay her on my bed. I wish I lighted more weights...

As I turned to leave, she grabbed my hand. "Stay," She mumbled. I stood there, just staring at her. She tugged on my hand insistently. "You want me to stay?" I wasn't surprised, I just thought she was a little annoyed with me today, I haven't been the nicest person in the world lately, we actually had a little disagreement yesterday.

"I'm cold... I think I'd warm up faster if you are here too."

"You're sure-"

"Shut up and come lay with me," Natalie giggled. My heart beat picked up. I laid next to her, reminding myself that we have slept in the same bed before. It's just, it's been awhile. We've been more distant than when she was at college.

"How're you feeling?" I smiled sympathetically, she smiled too. "You have very perfect teeth," She giggled for like the eighth time today.

"You look great," I said. "You look great toooo."

We sit in silence for a few minutes, Natalie had been messing with her finger, while I just laid there, not sure what to say.

"Ooh Laachhlaan," She look towards me. I stare back towards her, she was clearly struggling to keep her eyes open. "What?" She giggles, again...

"I remember before we started dating again," She began, starting to mess with my hands now. "I didn't see myself and you... Together, at all," She lets out this strange laugh, "A part of me said to run while I still could. I am glad I chose not to run, because I really love you."

"I'm sorry, Natalie."

"For what?"

"Everything," I sigh. "I used to be so mean to you, I should've been nicer. I don't know why I let Lacey control me. I don't know why I let her be so mean to you. And Lacey, Lacey was a bitch, I don't know why I ever loved her. I wished I didn't. I feel absolutely nothing, I feel no need to stay attached to her. This is the first time I've been able to say that, and actually mean it. I love you too much for some girl, who I never really like, get between us. And I'm sorry it took me so long to say it."

"Natalie...?" I look over, feeling uncomfortable because of the silence.

She was sound asleep.

(Authors Notes)

Remember when Natalie had a strange fascination with how white Lachlan's teeth were, lol.

There's literally like 2 or 3 chapters left and oh my god I don't even know how I want to end it. Like I know how I will end it, but I'm not sure which ending I want. Future, no future I don't know!

I am pretty sure the next chapter will have Madi, Preston, Mitch, and Jerome back, so you can be excited for that! I really want Kylie to meet Madi though, because my best friend's name is Kylie and she's just great.

In other news, I haven't updated Is This Love in almost 2 months, so I'm really sorry! I am hoping to update soon!

ALSO, wow lots of news today, I made news covers for all my books, tell me what you think! My favorite is the smile one, I spent quite a bit on the coloring and everything! All of the covers are edited a lot, they aren't the original pictures. Like at all.