Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen - Lachlan's Pov

Natalie had fallen asleep in my arms. It was just me, and her, sitting on the roof. Of course she was more laying than sitting.

Just about ten minutes ago, she turned on music, that I did not recognize. It was, girly music, but I actually liked it.

Her phone still plays random songs, and I hum along with the beat. Trying to be as quite as I can.

Suppose I never ever met you.

Suppose we never fell in love.

I close my eyes, listening to the steady beat of the song.

Suppose I never ever let you kiss me so sweet and so soft.

Suppose I never ever saw you.

Suppose we never ever called.

Suppose I kept on singing love songs just to break my own fall.

1:46 A.M

I was awoken by rain falling on my face. My eyes burned once I looked up at the night sky as rain droplets fell down from the clouds, and into my eyes.

Songs still play from Natalie's phone as I shake her awake. She grabs ahold of my arm to help stabilize herself when she sits up, wiping away water from her face.

"Wha-" She rubs her eyes, obviously still not registering what is going on. "-The hell... Why.."

I grab ahold of her with my left hand, and pick up her phone with the other. I dry off the rain with my shirt, as the music still plays.

"Lachlan!" Natalie shouts, gripping ahold of me. "It's raining!"

Now she's awake...

"My phone!" She shouts, scrambling through her pockets quickly. "I have it."

My window is wide open, rain water drips inside. The windowsill is horribly wet. I try to get inside without getting wet at all, but I failed miserably. My hand slipped, and I fell right into my room, landing on my back.

Natalie scrambles inside, not even bothered by the rain that has damped her clothes. "Can I have my phone?" She asks.

"No.. I like this song."

"Sing to me then."

I sighed, staring down at my shoes. I liked the song, but I didn't know the lyrics. "Err- okay."

Don't look so shocked.

"Don't look so shocked," I echoed back.

Don't judge so harsh.

"Don't judge so ha.... Harshly." Natalie giggled as I messed up.

You don't know.

"You don't know," I sang.

You are only spying.

"You are only seeing," I said while Natalie sang the line perfectly.

Everyone knows it's going to hurt.

"One.. It is going to hurt."

But at least we'll get hurt trying.

"But at least we'll get hurt trying," Natalie sang that last line before I cut off the music. "Hey!"

She punched me in the arm playfully, "You turned off the song, you ass!"

"Mhmm." I remove my shirt, and open up one of my drawers to find another. "What are you doing?"