Chapter Four

Chapter Four - Preston's Pov

I watched as the clock changed to 4:00 am. Natalie's home was completely silent. The room was slightly dimmed, not helping the fact that I could barely keep my eyes opens.

Natalie walks into the room and sits next to me. "Do you need ice for your jaw?" She asks, holding up the ice pack she had in her hand.

"No.. Thanks though." I had to look terrible. She placed the ice on my jaw anyway. "What a night, huh?"

I let out a slight laugh. "Yeah.. It was one crazy night."

We sit in silence for a few moments, she scratches at a hangnail on her index finger. "Did you kiss me because of Lachlan.. To make him jealous?"

"What? No! Why would I- never mind." She says her tone sounding hurt.

"I like you a lot Preston."

I felt that the word like was a childish word but, I knew I had feelings for her. Atleast I think I do. "I like you too."

It was wrong. I had a girlfriend and Lachlan was still desperately in love with Natalie. For some reason I felt a strong attraction towards her. Even right now, I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and just kiss the morning away.

"We should probably go to sleep." I suggest before I let out a yawn. "Agreed."

She lays down on the couch, resting her head on her hands as if they were a pillow.

I remove my shirt because I was super sweaty. I lay next to her, wrapping my arm around her waist. She moves away from me slightly, nearly falling off the couch.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" I ask, awkwardness surrounding me whole. "No, it's fine." She moves back in my arms and closes her eyes.

I close my eyes and fall asleep to the sound of her steady breathing.

9:00 AM

Once I wake up, there is a knock on the door, and then another knock.

Natalie sits up, stretching out her arms and rubbing her eyes. She stands up and walks over to the door, her feet make a weird noise on the wooden floor.

A lock clicks, and the front door opens. A groan echoes through the house. "I have a headache!"

"Hello to you too.." Natalie says, closing the door and locking it. "Oh.. Yeah, hey."

I sit up just as Lachlan walks into the room and sits down on the sofa. "Sup?"

"Nothing..." I say just before putting my shirt on. "Dude. What's up with your eye?"

I raise my hand up and touch my bruised eye. "Oh, that? You did it."

He laughs, throwing his head back and rubs his hands down his face. "Why in gods name would I do that?"

Natalie walks into the room with a bottled water, and hands it to Lachlan then sits down next to him. "Thanks." He mutters before chugging down the water in just a few sips.

I rub the back of my neck. "I don't know... I really don't know."

"Oh.."

Natalie laughs, shaking her head. "I kissed him, Lachlan."

"What..?"

She sighs, grabbing ahold of his hand. "I'm sorry.."

"No," He pulls his hand away, "Don't say sorry." She cringes at his words like a gun was pointed her head he threatened to pull the trigger.

Lachlan pulls out a lighter and a brown rectangular box. He pulls a cigarette out of the box and lights it.

"What the hell are you doing!?" Natalie shouts. "Don't smoke in my mothers house! Go outside!!" He does was she says and walks outside without another word.

"He's smoking again?" I ask, standing up from the love seat. "I guess..." She sighs, hiding her face in her hands.

Lachlan opens the door and stumbles inside. "I may of puked."

"Okay, that's disgusting."

"Preston!" Natalie glares at me. "Are you alright?" He nods, sitting back on the sofa, where he was before. "Yeah, why?"

"Lachlan..." She sighs. "What?"

"You smell horrible."

"I know."

"Go take a shower."

"Okay.."

11:00 PM - Natalie's Pov

Lachlan was standing out on my porch, a cigarette in his mouth. "I always liked Madi."

"I really miss her."

"Yeah.. I do too." He puffs out a cloud of grey smoke, dropping his head down. "It's my fault."

His eyes meet mine, and I give his hand a reassuring squeeze. "Nothing's your fault."

After almost several minutes of silence, he puts out his cigarette and finally speaks. "Why'd you kiss Preston?"

"I don't know.."

He sighs. "Did you like it?"

"I don't know.."

"Do you still love me?" He asks, his voice sounding scared and desperate.

I turn towards him. "Listen very carefully." He raises his eyebrow at me.

"M-AY-BE!"

"Maybe," He repeats quietly. "Will you kiss me?"

I laugh, "No."

"I am your friend not your lover." I turn away from him, my throat started to burn.

He sighs. "Well, friends can ask if the person is okay so, are you... Okay?"

"No... Not really."

His arms wrap around my body, making me feel warm. "You aren't the only one that feels guilty, Lachlan."

"I know..." He whispers into my ear. "Jerome is pretty convinced he killed Madi."

"I don't think anyone killed Madi." I reply, "I don't even think she's dead."

"So, you aren't feeling guilty about Madi?" He asks, a sense of astonishment in his tone. "I feel guilty about Madi, but I also feel guilty about... Kissing Preston." I can sense a smile growing on his face.

"Think of it as even, we are even."

(Authors Notes)

I literally have been so busy lately. Writing a book that isn't even for wattpad xD

But, that is not what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to thank you for 199k on I Still Love You and 20k on Smile!

It's really unbelievable!

All I remember hitting 24k on ISLY back when I had about 200 followers! Now I have almost 800!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH