Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten - Natalie's Pov

Once I awaken, I am on the bed in the hotel room. Lachlan sits on the edge of it, scrolling through his phone, probably checking twitter.

"Wha...What the hell am I doing out here?"

He turns around at the sound of my voice and smiles, "You were in there for about an hour, I figuered that you fell asleep, which you did, and I didn't want you to drown. So, I lifted you out, put you in clothes, and let you sleep."

I rub my eyes, staring down at my clothes that are basically wrinkled. "You dressed me?"

"I've seen you naked before."

"No, I know.. I just, thank you."

"For putting clothes on you?" He chuckles slightly, "It wasn't exactly an easy job."

Once he turns fully around, a worried look grows on his face. "Natalie..." He places a hand on my arm, "Are you feeling alright? You look shaken up?"

"I'm fine." I smile, a fake one of course. "Just take me home."

We headed back into the car, where we drove back home in silence.

"Natalie?"

"Yeah?" I replied in a hushed tone, staring out at the sun.

"Why did you lie to me back there?" The question come from his mouth like poison, and I did not speak so, he continued, "Why won't you tell me what's wrong? I can tell something's up, Natalie, I'm not-"

"Because you'll make a huge deal about it."

"I won't. Just say it."

I took a deep breath, exhaling quietly. "I had a dream... Actually, a nightmare."

"A nightmare about...?"

"I'm getting to that!" I snap, not as harsh as it sounded in my head. "You committed suicide."

"Suicide?" He chuckles, like its a joke.

"Yes suicide!" I shout so, I can make my point clear. "Do you actually want to die Lachlan?" I ask him, cringing while I wait for an answer.

"No... Why would I want to die?" He asks, his tone sounding like he is hurt. "I don't know... I just." There was no way I could answer that. Mostly because I wasn't sure why he would want to die.

He pulls into the parking lot of a gas station, stoping the engine. "Why did you stop?" I ask. "You have a full tank."

He turns towards me, "That doesn't matter... Do you really think I would do that?" His eyes were searching for an answer. "I just don't want you to leave me."

"Leave you!?" His voice raises a little bit. "Natalie, I would never leave you," He places his hand on my cheek. "Not again."

I smile as my cheeks heat up. "That's good to hear."

He leans closer, "Now, I can take you home."

Just when I think he is going to kiss me, he turns back towards the steering wheel and starts up the car once again.

The rest of the car ride is silent. There was nothing to say, and all I wanted was silence. When we had arrived at my house he smiled and said goodbye. "See you tomorrow?" I ask him.

"Yeah, tomorrow."

I unbuckled myself, slowly got out of the car, and closed the door behind me.

I start to get out my phone as I unlock the front door.

I wanted to call my mom.

I haven't seen her since Easter and all I know is that she is visiting family that think I am still so broken hearted over Lachlan. If I went to the U.K with my mom, there would be days worth of hugs and talking about my relationship. Nothing says fun like fake crying to satisfy my family.