Chapter Eighteen

THIS IS A CHAPTER!

I am doing the authors notes before the chapter again just to tell you that it is really long and I suggest doing the thing where you comment on the specific paragraph and stuff because there is a lot going on and with an ending like how I ended mine will make it so thats probably all you can talk about and there is no way you could get all of your emotions out in one comment

Chapter Eighteen - Lachlan's Pov

I kiss her forehead, "I promise you. This baby, our baby, won't be the reason I break your heart, again. Never again darling, never."

Natalie laughs, and her crying stops for long enough to tell me what's wrong. "I'm not pregnant, Lachlan."

"Would it be totally rude to say thank god?"

"No, it wouldn't be," She replies. "I am just feeling sad about my life."

"You seem a little more than sad," I help her to her feet, but she sits right back down on her bed. "I'm just thinking about my family. Five years ago we were all together. My Mom, Dad, Jordan, and I. Now my Mom is off, loving someone else, getting married again. My Dad is six feet under, and my brother is... I don't want to talk about it."

"You don't have too, I just want to know one thing. Is he dead?"

"No."

"Are you lying?" I ask, meeting her gaze. "No, Jordan is fine, but he is a grown man, a busy grown man."

Anger begins to run through my veins, I dig my fingernails into the carpet. "He's been busy for years!? That is just bullshit!"

"Lachlan..." She removes my hands from the carpet, wrapping them in hers. I watch as the carpet slowly rises because the pressure I was putting on it is gone. "...It's not a big deal, okay? Now, I have to take a shower."

I watch as she stands up and grabs a towel from her dresser, the floor creaking as she walks over. "Okay, I'll wait here."

"No," I raise my eyebrow at her, she smirks and throws me the towel that was in her hand. "You are going to be taking one with me."

"Oh."

I stand up, grabbing the towel a little tighter than I should have. I let out a nervous breath and follow her into the bathroom. "I've never actually... Showered with a girl before."

She laughs, shaking her head. "You think I have!?"

I stand completely still as she walks over to me, removing my shirt. "And stop thinking that I'm going to have 'shower sex' with you. I have that sex smell, you know? I'm not wasting my water to not get clean at all."

I remove everything, which feels quite weird. I know I've been naked in front of Natalie before, but I don't have her touch to distract me from the fact I'm naked. I am no body builder, I don't have a six pack or huge biceps, I am just a normal guy who is really tall. She get naked too, and I admire her, she wasn't fat and wasn't very skinny, but she had curves. "Why exactly am I showering with you," I ask while stepping in. She shrugs as she picks up soap and runs it up and down her arms, "We have never done this before and I won't see you in person for months on end so, I thought why not."