Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty - Lachlan's Pov

"Lachlan... Lachlan, are you awake?" Natalie asks me, the covers moving as she shifts around in my bed. "No."

"Lachlan."

"What!"

She sits up, "I can't sleep!" I pull the covers more towards me. "Okay."

"Cuddle with me!"

"No..."

"Please!!!" She pulls the covers back towards her. "No." She huffs in frustration. The house gets silent again, only noticeable noises are the creaks of the house. "Fine," She says, getting out of the bed, yanking the covers off me. I shiver almost instantly. "Hey!"

I watch as she wraps the blanket around her, sitting on the vent that is blowing out warm air, making the blanket form into a bubble around her. "Natalie, really? I am tired, I just want to sleep."

"Then sleep."

"I can't, I am freezing!" She laughs, and sits up, throwing the blanket over my. "Better?"

The blanket is warmer than before, obviously. As soon as get myself situated again, Natalie is back to bugging me. "Lachlan! You can't fall asleep now!"

"It's four in the morning!"

"Yeah, but, I can't sleep!"

I sigh, "So I've heard." She sits on the edge of my bed, "Can you cuddle with me?"

I sit up, "Will that make you sleep?" She smiles and nods. "Yes."

I scoot to the middle of the bed so Natalie can lay in my arms, she smiles, laying down on my pillow. "I love you."

"I love you too."

My eyes flutter open, the darkness of the room surrounding me. I sit up, the twin bed creaking as I do. My roommate snores obnoxiously loud.

It was all a dream.

10:34 A.M

"Natalie can you please stop talking so fast? You know I can't understand you when you do that." My phone sits on my desk, put on speaker so I can hear her as I do work. "I know, I know! Kylie was just being so funny... And Vikk was getting so annoyed with her and I was just like oh my god couple goals, you don't even understand!"

I chuckle, "You are right Natalie, I seriously don't get it."

"Seriously though, can you be like that with me!?" I can hear hit something, probably her desk. "Like what?"

"Cute!"

I think I am very good at being cute. Apparently Natalie does not think we are "couple goals." I wonder if I let her be in one of my videos that would be enough for her to think I am cute.

"I am very cute..."

She laughs, I can almost sense the judgment. "No, its not the same! Other people have to think you are cute!" I swear, sometimes I think she's crazy. "Okay, well, Natalie. I am going to get lunch, I'll call you later."

"I have to call Preston anyway. I said I would call him last night and never did, whoops?"

"Alright, well, I will call you later. Love you." She says love you back and I end the call, and grab my wallet so I can pay for lunch.

I close the door behind me, I barely get to walk a step before someone crashes into me, books and papers falling to the floor, one book in particular, landed write on my foot.

I kneel down and start to collect their things. I can't be a jerk, I will never be that person to just grab my things and walk away.

"I'm sorry... I can be clumsy sometimes," A girl says, sounding exactly like Natalie. I look up, my heart practically beating a thousand times a second. Natalie is so beautiful, her brown hair curling slightly at the ends. She slides her glasses back on her face. I smile, my mouth moving but no words were coming out.
"Excuse me..."