Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine - Natalie's Pov

My phone buzzed against the table to alert me that someone, that I did not want to talk to, was calling. I knew it was Lachlan. Why is he calling me?

I shouldn’t be mad at him. He should be mad at me.

I pick up the phone, mostly because the buzzing was annoying the shit out of me. “What exactly is it that you want?”

He laughs. It sounds almost, evil, like he is about to be a huge ass to me. “I was going to tell you that I am waiting in your driveway. You either come with me or wait for your Mother to get home so you can tattle on me and get me ‘in trouble.’” I roll my eyes at the last part, he knows once my Mom get home I will tell her all about how he had hurt me, without mentioning the plan so, she would get extremely mad and tell his mother.

“I’m coming,” I say and end the call without another word.

I wanted nothing to do with anyone at the moment so, if there was a third option to stop myself from saying and doing anything, I would’ve chosen that. Besides my constant thoughts of ‘this is a bad idea,’ I make it out of the house and into his car safely and awkwardly.

    “Hey,” Lachlan smiles at me, a freshly lit cigarette between his lips. “Hello ‘guy’ who selfishly pushed me to the ground yesterday.” He sighs, clearly remembering my rude plan- no. Preston’s plan, to make him feel… Heartbroken. “Yeah, about that…” He trailed off, making it very clear that did not wish to speak of said incident.

In less than twenty minutes we arrive at a familiar building located smack dab in the middle of town. “A hotel?” I mutter out a laugh, almost to be sympathetic, “You’re kidding me right?”

“Just come on.”

After we check in, he guides me up to the second floor, room 234. “I am not having sex with you,” I snap as he unlocks the door with the card. He laughs, shaking his head, walking into the small room. “Get over yourself, I did not bring you here because I wanted to have… Any romantic encounter with you. I just, wanted to apologize.”

“You didn’t have to bring me to a hotel room to say it.”

He grabs me by the wrist, I jump thinking he is going to grip ahold of me even tighter until I begged for mercy. “I’m not going to hurt you, Natalie.” He searched for any sign of fear within me.

Reminding me.

The real Lachlan I fell in love with was still there.

Once he does find that fear he was looking for, he releases me and says, “Just follow me.”

I do. I follow him into a bathroom unlike any other. It looks as if it came out of a movie. With perfect clean white and gold tiles, a classical vanity on the wall closest to me, a boring toliet, and a shower. But there also was a tub. This bathtub looked like pure heaven. It reminded me of a hottub with its size and jets.