Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve - Lachlan's Pov

Preston walked into the house with five cases of Budweiser. A few seconds behind him was Jerome with three giant 2 gallon water bottles. I trailed behind Jerome, carrying four Walmart bags full of Doritos, M&MS, popcorn, and a Five Seconds Of Summer CD that would be 'playing on repeat all night long,' as requested from the girls.

Mitch was behind me carrying nothing, his hands carelessly scrolling through his Instagram. I swear, it would be a miracle if he did not look or touch his phone for just an hour.

Madi was behind him with one bag full of sweet tea and random candy bars. Natalie was beside her, one singular bag in her hands with the necessities: condoms just in case anything happened, and Disney movies.

Once we throw all the bags on the table, I stare. Some of me was intimidated by the amount of junk food and Disney movies we had just in one bag. I do not want to know how much I just spent.

"Now, I know you are all wondering why I added condoms to the list of things we needed..." Preston began. "But I do not think there needs to be an explanation."

Jerome chuckles, his inappropriate mind getting the best of him. "Don't worry man! We totally understand that you want to bang Mitch-" Before he could even go on he burst out into laughter. I could not help myself either, we all laughed along.

"Yeah Preston! You don't have to be ashamed that you are thirsty for Mitch," I said between my gasps for air because I was laughing so hard. "Everyone gets a little thirsty for me sometimes, it's alright!" Mitch played along.

"No..." Preston rubs his eyes, "My god you are so inappropriate! I was just saying that safe sex is important."

"Oh.. My god! Just stop talking!" Madi shouted, covering her mouth with her hand to make herself seem like she didn't have a dirty mind, but it was no use. After both Natalie and I erupted in laughter, Madi gave up and laughed along.

"Lets just drink!" Mitch said, slowly inching toward the cases of beer. "Yes! Lets do that," Preston replied.

The two of them open up the case and start to pass down the beers to everyone. As Mitch hands a beer to Madi, she stares at it. I could've sworn, the whole world stopped to see if the one and only Madison Bornstine was going to take that beer.

She lifted her hand up, curling her fingers around it. Her face had no emotion, not a frown or smile. Nothing.

Jerome, Preston, and Mitch were already cracking open their beers, and chugging them down. Madi opened her beer and raised it to her lips. I watched as she took her very first sip of alcohol. She coughs, covering her mouth. "Oh my god that is foul!"

I laughed and shouted a loud, "Cheers!"

There was silence for a few moments, even a nod coming from Natalie and Jerome. But after that silence, Madi shouted cheers and everyone joined in, clanking our beers together.

Once the chatter does down, Mitch nudges Jerome in shoulder. He nods his head and walks a few steps closer to me. "Us guys need to talk real quick." I raise my eyebrow and look at Preston who nods his head in agreement. Have I been oblivious this whole time? Did they already notice I didn't drink any of my beer. "Uh- okay?"

"We will be right back," I told the girls. They both exchanged looks then Madi nodded. "So, what is this about?" I ask as the four of us walk over to the kitchen.

"Do you love her?" Jerome avoids my question.

"Love who?"

"Natalie..."