Flatline

about 3 months later

(Shinsou's pov)

How could this happen, he came back for a moment he smiled and then I hear the ear piercing ring of his heart monitor flat-line, I wait a solid 5 minutes believing he would come back to me but this time he was gone for good. men come in and take him away, next thing I know I'm sitting in the rain with my forehead against a headstone that reads: "Here lies Denki Kaminari, a friend to all" how did it come to this...

(sike)

I wake up in a chair next to Denki's hospital bed in a cold sweat with tears streaming down my face, it was a dream... he's ok. I reach for his hand and he intertwined his fingers with mine, how- I hear him laughing, he's awake! I got him back, by some miracle he's back! I don't exactly know how to respond to this so I just start crying, I can't believe that he's back, Denki came back to me.

(Denki's pov)

"Did you think you lost me or something?" I said to Hitoshi, he just sat there and cried. This was the first time he had seen me up in around 3 months, every time I was up he was sleeping so, he didn't know I was back, so its understandable that he would be upset. "Hitoshi, I'm alright, see, It's ok." I said as I reached over to ruffle his hair, which is surprisingly soft. I move to the edge of the bed and dangle my feet over the floor, Hitoshi comes over, sits next to me, and rests his head on my shoulder. for the first time in months I see him really, truly, smile. Even though he's been here most of the time it feels like I haven't seen him in a long time. honestly I don't believe he's even left the hospital in the last 3 months, if there's one thing I can vividly remember from the day he rescued me from the league, its what he looked like that specific moment before I lost consciousness, he was earing a white t-shirt and black ripped jeans, the same outfit he's currently wearing. I tap him on the shoulder to gain his attention, he looks at me and tilts his head slightly to show that he's listening I then ask him "Have you left the hospital since I first lost consciousness?" he replied with "No, I couldn't bring myself to leave your side, Kirishima has been visiting daily to see if your alright and brings me food so, I really had no reason to leave." I hugged him and told him that now that he knew I was ok that he should go take care of himself.