4: Switching Homes

After Izuku dropped the letter in the mailbox, he and his mom were up for a couple of hours of driving. As he sat there he started thinking about his near death experience and how Katsuki saved him AND got worried about it... in his own way. He smiled at the thought but it was quickly replaced with a blush at the thought of him being on top of the greenette to calm him, how he could feel his chest and abdomen muscles, how he wrapped his arms around Izukus neck to prevent him from moving, but suffocating him with his biceps squeezing his freckled cheeks. The muscles were faint but they were certainly there. "He must have been working out for the UA entrance exams..." Izuku thought. His heart started being a bit faster than normal. "I haven't felt like this is a long time... I miss this feeling" Izuku thought as he smiled once again while his heart rate slowly returned to normal but a small blush was still visible.

Soon after that, they arrived at the airport and checked in a small hotel room for the night so they can depart the next morning.

Izuku got barely any sleep, the thought of leaving his hometown was exciting but pertifiying at the same time. As soon as he closed his eyes, his alarm went off. He tossed the blanket off of him, turning the alarm off, and shaking his mom awake.

"Mom i'm going to go take a shower i'll wake you when i'm done if you want" he whispered.

"Mmmmm... ok but I think i'll be awake before that with your loud singing in the shower every morning" she said with a groggy morning laugh.

Izuku chuckled out of embarrassment and went in the shower, got changed and when he went out the door, his mother already packed and cleared the room leaving the dirty sheets and towels on the bed.

"Wow your fast ma! Don't you want a shower?" Izuku asked while unplugging his cracked phone off the charger "I need a new one, it's a miracle it still works in this condition" he mumbled before his mom answered.

"Oh I showered last night so don't worry honey. Let's go so we don't get there late" Inko said as she opened the door, bags in hand.

"Ok but don't you want to put those through check out first? I mean we have a lot of baggage..." Izuku said as he looked at the entrance where there were 4 suitcases and two carry-on bags.

"We're actually doing that today so hurry and get your butt off the bed and come help me, these things are heavy" she said in a teasing tone while pouting. Izuku rolled his eyes, smiling , making his way out the door with two suitcases with both bags on each of them while Inko carried the other two suitcases.

As they went through checkout, security, and waited for the plane for them to be able to board the bus, they talked about what the place looked like, what school Izuku was going to, how Inkos job will take up a lot of her time, and so on. Time to finally board the plane and head to the future.

The plane ride was EXCRUCIATINGLY long and being in Economy did not help that. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't good either but the flight attendants were nice making the plane ride a bit more enjoyable. Of course to pass time Izuku was observing all the people around him who had pretty strong quirks, analyzing, making pros and cons, thinking of strategies and what not. Inko was watching Izuku in awe thinking of what will happen once they arrive In the United States since school is over and his birthday is arriving. She wanted his last childhood birthday to be memorable, for her at least. She was ready though, she made all the necessary preparations except for one, accepting it was going to happen. With that in thought she fell asleep.

Izuku was too focused on his notebook to notice his mother moving around until he felt a kick on his leg. He turned to his mother in confusion before it turned into one of concern. She was hugging herself tightly, tears going down her face, legs twitching, and small whimpers coming out of her.