17: Dog Day

"You'll have to wait and see..."

Izuku jolted up his bed. He was panting loudly taking hold of his pajama shirt. The dog's head shot up from the commotion and made her way towards Izuku. The boy didn't notice when he was lying back down he was too focused on trying to breath. The dog crawled between the boy's legs and laid down on top of him. Both their bodies were flushed together with both their body heat radiating off each other.

Izuku calmed down and opened his eyes only to see a ball of fur blocking his vision. He then noticed weight on top of him. Once his brain got used to his surroundings, he noticed that Miss was lying on top of him.

"Oh, sorry I scared you Missy... It happens a lot." he said while getting up from his position. He then started to think how a dog could know how to stop something like panic attacks or lack of breathing. He thought it was remarkable. He shook his head and looked at the dog who was staring at him from the door with a happy smile while striking her tongue out.

"Ok ok i'm coming i'll get you some food." The dog didn't move from her spot and only followed Izuku wherever he went. Izuku laughed at the behaviour and went ahead to feed the dog and then make his own breakfast.

Once he finished and was getting ready he heard high pitched whines coming from the living room. He quickly finished getting dressed and went to the living room to see why the dog was whining so much. Once he saw her, his face palmed harshly and dragged his hand down his face.

"Ugh im so stupid, the poor thing needs to go potty. Do you need to go potty?!"

The dog only whined more, not quite understanding what the boy was saying. Izuku quickly grabbed a leash and attached it to the dog, and ran outside of the apartment building not wanting the dog to do her business inside. As soon as he was outside, he made his way to a patch of grass.

The dog squatted and did what she needed to do and then turned to Izuku and sat down next to him.

"Really? All that just to pee? You know what, I'll take you to the mini dog park so we can hang out there."

He was mainly talking to himself but still received a bark. They both made their way to the back of the apartment building to go to the dog park. Once they turned the corner what he saw was beautiful. The whole back part of the building was enclosed in a fence that stretched around the whole property. Nice green grass with trees and flowers scattered in the inside, many dogs playing around, and tons of people watching them. Izuku doubted that all of these people lived here from how many were there, and also there was a gate located on the outer part of the fence where outsiders can come in as well. The dog was whining and her body was twitching in excitement. Her ears were flat, tail was all over the place, and she kept licking her nose. Izuku laughed and took the dog to the park. Once inside, he let the dog go and made his way to a young woman. She was isolated by all of the chaos of owners and dogs but she looked at peace with her short white hair flowing in the breeze.

"Excuse me mam, but can you watch my little husky over there" he pointed to the dog. The woman nodded her head with a gentle smile.

"Sorry I just need to pack all of her stuff and send her off to her original owner." he finished

"No problem young man, i'll be right here to guard her and make sure she's alright"

Izuku beamed and bowed his head and made his way back into his apartment to grab all the dog stuff. He ended up using a suitcase rather than a bag. Once he was done he looked at the now boring, plain apartment and frowned.

"I'll miss you little Missy"

He sighed and went back down to the dog park. He looked for the lady again and saw that she was not in her spot anymore. Izuku furrowed his brows and looked to see for the familiar white hair. Once he spotted her, he made his way back to her. She was talking to someone. He couldn't see exactly who since they were wearing sunglasses and a beanie. He shook it off and stood beside him.