10: His New Life

"AAAHHHH... MAKE IT STOP! It hurts so much... It hurts."

Izuku was in the attic going through some boxes to find some files his mother needed. When he was going through the many papers, he found a drawing of, what it looked like to be, him and another person. It looked like a kid drew it and it probably was but he wasn't one to judge... In the drawing both children were wearing what seemed to be hero costumes of some sort. The boy with green scribbles as hair was wearing a green outfit while the boy with beige spiked hair was wearing a black one with sparks coming from his hands. Upon seeing the drawing, Izuku's head started to pound heavily causing everything in the room to spin, he had white noise going through his ears, only being able to hear his shaky breath.

His mother rushed up the latter leading to the attic and looked over to her son. The sight was unbearable. He was squeezing his ears with the palm of his hands, his body was shaking on the ground kicking every so often, tears were running down his freckles cheeks landing on the floor along with other drops of previously shed tears, he was yelling on how much it hurt.

Izuku has had something like this before but it was a mild headache that lasted a few hours. This... this was much worse and Inko was terrified. Inko rushed to the only window there was and opened it to let some fresh air in to help with his breathing. She then made her way over to the crying, shaking boy and held him as close as possible flushing his face into her stomach so he could find some warmth. After about five minutes his breathing regulated but he had his forehead in between both of his hands while holding a pained expression on his face.

"It's ok i'm here... can you tell me what happened?" Inko whispered while petting Izuku's hair.

"Well... I-i was going through some... papers a-and I came across some sort of drawing... and then my head started h-hurting really badly" he said, sniffling in between a couple words.

"Did you see or remember anything?" Inko asked, looking around for a drawing.

"I saw that I was following a k-kid with spiky hair... I didn't get a good look at the person, because it lasted a few seconds, but I know he...or she had blonde hair." Izuku said, sitting up, whipping away his tears.

Inko found the drawing and she was smiling at it.

"I know it's not perfect but... did the kid look like this?" Inko asked while handling the paper to Izuku. He inspected the scribbles on the paper and looked back to his mom nodding his head putting the drawing back in the box.

"Were we friends?" he asked his mother.

Inko simply nodded her head with a sad smile and helped her son put the papers back into the box.

"I'm sorry I don't remember, I really wish I could... " Izuku said.

Inko looked at her son and smiled.

"Hey, it's ok! At least you remember all the events... you just don't remember... the people in your life.." she said, caressing her son's face.

That's right, quite strangely Izuku could remember everything that described him. It's a complicated thing to explain but in summary he remembers him going places, going to school, coming home, and things like such. He also remembers how he wanted to become a hero but later stuck on becoming a hero on the sidelines. The only thing he doesn't remember were the people around him. Having these memories, it was just him and no one else. Not his mother, not his friends, just... Izuku.

In the two years that he lived with Inko, he just recently started calling her mom. Before he didnt call her anything when talking to her. Instead of saying 'hey mom how was your day' he would say 'hey, how was your day'. This was because to him, Inko was a stranger, so calling her mom was something needing to get used to over time. Another reason is because, after listening to the recording saying that Inko was his mother, he didn't want to hurt her feelings by calling her 'miss' or 'Ms. Midoriya' so he stuck with saying nothing.

"Well i'll go start dinner, are you ok on your own? Do you want me to leave a pain reliever on your desk?" Inko asked while going down the latter.

"I'm ok mom, and yes please, I would KILL for a painkiller" He exclaimed, cleaning up the rest of the mess.

"Ok, i'll call you wheN IT'S READY" Inko yelled as she got further away from the stairs into the kitchen.

"OK!" Izuku said, finally putting everything away and heading to his room.

After he swallowed the pill his mother gave him, he went on his phone and went through his contacts looking for a specific person to work on his hero project with. It was towards the end of the second school year and his teacher said to work on a hero project: Rising Pros. they had to write about people who were working on becoming heroes more specifically those who go to UA high school. There were some good hero schools there in the United States but nothing compared to how they taught students in Japan.

Finally finding the person he was assigned with, who was his closest friend, he clicked on the call button that read 'Melissa'. She and Izuku had a lot in common. They were both super smart, they both loved heroes, more specifically All Might, and they are both quirkless. The only major difference, aside from genders, was their goals in the far future. Melissa wanted to become a scientist and inventor while Izuku wanted to study medicine. Coincidentally, both their future held another common thing; they both wanted to help future pro heroes and be their 'background' helpers.

"Hey Izuku! What's up!" Melissa asked.

"Hello to you too... I was wondering when we were going to meet up for the project." he explained.

"Oh how about tomorrow at my house? We can work in my new lab my dad just built for me. The table is pretty big so it should be fine. That is if it's ok with you!"

"That's good for me. I'll just have to tell my mom where I'm going. Do you want me to come directly to your house ooooor..." Izuku trailed off unsure what else to say.

"My house is fine. Well talk to you when you get here i'll text you the time and stuff. Bye Izukuuuu" and with that she hung up.

Izuku laughed at how straight forward the girl was.

"DINNERS READY!!" Inko yelled.

Izuku didn't bother answering but made his way into the kitchen. Reaching the last step and turning the corner he saw the deliciousness that awaited him. He quickly ran to the table.

"KATSUDON!" he exclaimed with a bright smile.

His mother smiled at his excitement over a simple plate of food.

"You still want to go to Harvard?" Inko asked her son.

"Yea! I have saved a lot of money and I'm still working so by the time I get into the University I will have enough to pay it as long as I still work even after I get into the school" Izuku explained taking a bite of his food.

"You know it's ok to spend some money on yourself," Inko said.

"What do you mean? I use my money all the time?" izuku said, confused.

"No, you use your money only for school purposes or food. I mean spend it on yourself like get some clothes get yourself a gift or something" She said "I know we don't have much money but-"

She was cut off "...and that's why I'm making sure that I'll be the one paying for my college. It is a school I want to go to and I don't want to spend the money you earn on something that will only benefit me." He said sternly but holding kindness in his words.

"Ok ok you win but you know you can get in Harvard if you have perfect scores or something like that. I just know there's a way to get in to pay little to nothing.'' Inko said while thinking about how exactly It works but gave up and started eating again.

"The money is a safety precaution in case I don't get a scholarship and /or I dont get perfect grades," Izuku said as a matter of factly.

Inko rolled her eyes "have you seen your grades Izu?" she thought whole shaking her head smiling.

The night was filled with small conversations until they cleaned up and both went to bed after showering and brushing their teeth.