11: Study Sessions

Izuku laid down on his bed and plugged in his phone and got comfortable under his sheets.

The next morning came quickly. Izuku reluctantly got out of his bed to shut off the blaring alarm. Slowly opening his eyes he was met with the familiarity of his hero themed room. There were a lot less hero figurines and posters but there were still enough to tell that Izuku was a fanboy.

Reaching for his phone he checked the time. It was currently nine in the morning. As he adjusted his eyes to the brightness of the phone, he noticed a message. Looking closer, it was a message from Melissa telling him what time to meet her at her house to work on the hero project. Izuku was excited to work on the project since all he has been doing is school, homework, and then goes to work to earn money for the past two years or so. He was really excited to take up the opportunity to study and take notes on the heroes in training.

He quickly got dressed, brushed his hair and teeth, ate breakfast, informed his mother about the project, and left the house, backpack in hand. Looking at the time he saw that it was 10:45. He had an hour left before needing to meet at Melissa's house. He went to a nearby cafe and took out his computer to start to get some ideas.

Time went quicker then usual because by the time he reached the end of the first game of last year's sports festival, it was 12:00. Izuku reached his pocket when he felt it vibrate. His eyes widened when the message came from melissa.

Message: Melissa

Hey Izuku are you coming to work on the project?

Izuku quickly messaged her back saying that he was on his way. Quickly shutting his computer and notebook, he stuffed them in his bag, grabbed his empty cup of coffee and headed out the door. Melissa's house wasn't so far away so if he ran it would take him five minutes to get there. He bumped into a few people on the way there but made sure to apologize. Finally seeing Melissa's door in view, he sped his pace and ran up the steps and knocked until the door opened.

"Hey izu-" The blonde started but was interrupted when she saw the greed head bowing repeatedly.

"OMG I'm so sorry for being late. I hope I didn't come at an inconvenient time! We can reschedule if you wan-"

"Ok ok calm down Izuku its ok im used to you being late all the time" she laughed and stepped aside to let him in.

The greenette stood up with a sheepish smile scratching his head "old habits die hard I guess"

"C'mon let's go inside so we can start on the project" Melissa said, closing the door after Izuku came inside with a wide smile on his face excited about the hero project.

Melissa knew that face all too well "...and i assume you have an idea on what we are working on?"

"Indeed I do. As long as you are ok with it" Izuku said following Melissa to their designated workplace.

"And can I know about these Ideas of yours?" Melissa teased as she opened the door leading to her newly built lab and sat down in a chair. Izuku quickly followed behind sitting across her and getting his things out.

"Well I was thinking... Instead of doing rising heroes in America, we can do rising heroes in Japan more specifically the ones who go to the best hero school in the world: UA high. As you know, any student who goes there becomes one of the top pro heroes." he paused, opening his computer and typing in his password and grabbing his notebooks. Meissa was listening intently to what the boy across from her was saying. She loved this side of Izuku. Anything that was serious like homework or school, he made sure that he got it done with no hesitation. The boy spoke again.