37: Finding Myself in Your Arms

Izuku was right there. His body was standing straight up with an emotionless face. His mouth was closed, his eyes were glued onto the blonde, his hair was swaying in the cold October wind, his hands were inside his pockets of his fairly long coat, and his body stood perfectly straight. He was a few steps away from the car so he could still see face to face perfectly fine. Katsuki immediately got out of his car and stood in front of Izuku while looking down at his feet. He was wearing a simple jacket and a black beanie to cover from the cold.

"Would you like to explain why you lied to me?" Izuku croaked, making Katsuki shoot his head up. Izuku's eyes were starting to water but his tears were not falling yet. His bottom lip struggled to stay in place but twitched every so often. His eyebrows were furrowed in anger. Katsuki could tell that he was dealing with so many emotions right now. Heck he still had a red face from crying a tear or two in the car.

"I just didn't want you to remember..." Katuki whispered.

Izuku got even angrier at his reply "You LIED to me Katsuki! You kept my own life away from me!" he yelled pointing at himself harshly. Katsuki was about to speak but Izuku beat him to it.

"I have been trying so HARD to remember how my life was in my earlier years. Do you know why I decided to take Phycology? Hm? Well it's also because I needed to find a way to save MYSELF. I have been having nightmare after nightmare, dreaming about things that I don't even remember once I wake up! I wake up screaming, crying, yelling, and afraid!... and you know who they were about?" Izuku seethed through his teeth. "For eight years straight. All this time. All of this torture, was because of YOU! You were the one causing me pain, you were the one who was always in my head, it was all YOU..." Izuku pointed straight at Katsukis chest, jabbing it hard, making the blonde stumble back a bit. Katsuki regained his composure and stared into Izuku's eyes that were now red. Tears were streaming down his face and the greenette made no move but blink them away from his eyes.

"I want you to tell me right now who you are. Who you really are" Izuku said looking up at Katsuki. Katsuki sighed and nodded his head. Izuku stepped back and crossed his arms ready to listen for what he had to say.

"Everything you know about me is true. My name, my choice in career, and my past. The only difference is that you are the one that connects them all together. Everyone else called me either Bakugou or Katsuki. You were the only exception. I don't know why, but you always called me Kacchan. I loved the name because it was special, and I always did love it, even in middle school when I..."

"Bullied me?" Izuku finished and Katsuki nodded sadly. Izuku wasn't dumb. Once he found out that Katsuki knew him all along, he connected the dots. Izuku was the one he was talking about during their sessions, Katsuki was the one who he had visions about, and kacchan was the name that played on the recording over and over again.

"You were the reason why I wanted to become a hero. It was our dream to become a team together and fight as partners but when you didn't have the chance to become one... I took it in myself to become your hero and make both of our dreams come true. All these years, you were my motivation. My reason to help people for the better." He said while approaching Izuku, only for the other to take a step back.

"You may be a 'hero' but you're not the only one here. I help people in a different way. I help people after all the damage is done. I have to listen to all of these people's painful stories and traumas about villain attacks and what it does to them on a mental level. wounds heal but scars never do. They stay there for your entire life. Taunting you. Reminding you of a part of your life that you want to forget. They are a constant reminder of your past no matter how many times you want to escape it. Have you ever thought about being a bit nicer to your victims? Have you ever thought of how they sleep at night? Ever thought about what the rest of their lives look like? No, because all that matters for you is that they are safe. You don't know what happens backstage. You play your role, then take all glory without helping cleaning up the mess."