9: High School Years

"KATSUKI GET READY FOR SCHOOL" Mitsuki yelled from the hallway making her way into his bedroom. When she opened the door she was surprised to see her son dressed and ready to go but one thing was missing.

"Why aren't you wearing your tie Katsuki?" his mother asked, standing at the doorway looking at Katsukis messy collar.

"Because I don't fucking want to, and it's too tight" he groaned making his way out the door of his room. Mitsuki stayed quiet thinking arguing with this boy was useless. Everyone ate breakfast in peace and Katsuki made his way to the bus stop.

"Ughhhhh I cant wait to get a vehicle of my own!" Katsuki said as he reached the bus stop and sat on the bench. His mind wandered to a certain greenhead. He's actually been thinking about him a lot more recently. He doesn't know why, It just happens and he doesn't exactly hate it. He accepted the fact that it's pretty boring without him around. Yea sure he picked on him a lot but he has his reasons for doing so. He felt like he was responsible for making sure the green head would be safe but he didn't exactly know why. Ever since he was told by his mother that izuku was quirkless he was disappointed because they wouldn't become heroes together, but he later realized that Izuku was not one to give up so he wanted to make sure Izuku wouldn't become a hero and hurt himself, whatever it takes.

Katsukis eyes widened with sudden realization; "all these years of bullying, harassing, and name calling... I was... protecting him?" Katsuki wondered.

His Thoughts were interrupted by the bus stopping in front of him. He boarded the bus thinking back of all the things he did to prove his theory...

Being relieved when he said he wanted to study medicine,

Saving him from falling off the roof,

telling him that it was dangerous for a quirkless kid like him to be a hero,

Making sure he walked home safely after exiting the school grounds,

And how he threatened anyone else who talked bad about Izuku besides himself.

"I really was protecting him..." he mumbled to himself.

The bus stopped once again and Katsuki made his way Into school grounds. Walking, he was faced with the same familiar faces; weird elbows, pinky, shitty hair, eye bags, round face and others.

Most of them went all in the same direction so he assumed that they were either going in the same class or their classes were near each other.

He was right all but eye bags were in the same class: 1-A. The best hero class there is in the whole school.

Sitting down in his chair, a certain redhead came over and started talking to him but Katsuki paid no attention to him until he finally decided to let the conversation drop. This went on for quite a few months until the ash blonde finally gave in into making conversion with the redhead.

The redhead approached Katsuki with a tray of food with a few friends behind him.

"Make it quick shitty hair you've been trying to talk to me and you won't give up so mine-as-well listen to what you have to say" Katsuki said annoyed as the redhead sat next to him at the lunch table. The redhead was taken by surprise but spoke anyways with a big smile on his face.

"FINALLY BRO! The name Eijiro kirishima. I was dying to talk to you since you were really impressive out there in the field during the exams!" Eijiro exclaimed, holding out his hand but letting it be slapped away from the ash blonde.

"I don't shake, I talk. Katsuki Bakugou and don't forget it" katsuki said as he started eating his food. The redhead sighed knowing that's all he's going to get from the ash blonde and turned to talk to his other friends smiling and laughing the whole time.