Feelings

Same day

Cheryl's POV

Lyria and i just finished talking, and there were so many things going on in my head right now. I shook my head and went downstairs to distract myself with my friends. I walked into the kitchen seeing Norminah both giggling and being cute against the counter in the corner. I looked to the other corner and saw Heather and Lauren laughing as Lauren fed Heather a strawberry.

"When the fuck did that happen" I thought in my head. I heard Anastasia's voice calling for me and I turned around just for her to start pulling me by the hand. She dragged me into the living room where the others were and made me sit right next to Toni.

Anastasia then climbed and laid across my lap and Toni's lap. Toni and I looked at each other, but then we quickly looked away. I saw Anastasia's thumb in her mouth as she watched her show and reached to pull it out. Toni reached too, and her hand rested on top of mine making us look up at each other.

We just stared for a while, until Anastasia pushed our hands away. I teared my eyes away from Toni's, just to end up looking at Lyria's. She looked at me with a sad face, making me remember what happened in the office.

*Flashback minutes ago*

"What do we need to talk about" I asked Lyria tilting my head in confusion. "What's going on between us" Lyria said with a sigh. I chuckled and said "Babe, what are you even talking about". Lyria let go of my hands and said "I overheard a bit of your conversation with Toni. I don't know how I didn't realize this before, but you love Toni Cheryl".

I nodded my head slowly and said "Yes, I do love Toni because I wouldn't have Anastasia if it weren't for her. But I love you as my partner, and as my future wife". Lyria shook her head and said "No, that's not the only reason why you love Toni. There's more to it, that I may not know, but I have a feeling what it is. You may love me Cheryl, but you're not 'In love' with me, you're in love with Toni".

I stood up quickly, looking at Lyria like she was crazy. "Before you even say I'm talking pure shit, I know what I'm talking about. I saw how you two looked few weeks before Toni left to find herself again. I saw the connection between you two yesterday at Anastasia's party in the kitchen when you two hugged, and when you were sitting in the pool. The way you look at Toni is different than when you look at me Cheryl, and you can't tell me otherwise. You wanna know why I'm saying this?".

I shook my head no and she chuckled. "I started connecting the pieces while Toni was away. You're not in love with me, and maybe you were for like a little while. You love me, because I was there for you, since Toni couldn't be there. I was just someone to fill in the void in your heart, until Toni got released".

"I know that you always pushed the thought of Toni down for the past few years. It hurt a bit realizing how you and Toni just connect like that, or the way you two look at each other. And look, I may be saying some pure stupid shit, but some of the stuff I'm saying can still be true".

Pausing, Lyria looked at me and she had tears slowly falling down her face, same for me. "I-I really hope I'm wrong, but life really throws a lot of shit your way. Basically what I'm trying to say, is that you need to figure out who you truly want Cheryl. It's either me or Toni. I'm not saying that if you choose me you have to cut all connections with Toni, no that's not what I want. I just want you to figure out who your heart truly wants, instead of you possibly leading either of us on. I'll give you some time to think about it, and just let me know whenever you're ready".

Lyria got up and I walked to her carefully and slowly. I held her face in my hands, but she didn't dare look at me. "Please look at me Lyria" I whispered, drying her tears, and trying not to make my voice crack. She looked at me and I saw a glimpse of pain in her eyes.