A Mess

A/N: Kind of a long chapter. Over 5,000 words. Srry that it's not much Choni. All these other couples tie to something important later on

Next Day

Normani's POV

It was about 1 in the afternoon and I felt exhausted from everything that's been going on. This morning I woke up to Dinah kissing all over me, but I pushed her off of me.

We had an argument and that put me in another bad mood for today.

Right now I'm back in the bedroom, and I'm still trying to figure out what's actually going on, which has been stressing me out. "Mani" I heard someone call for me.

I sat up in my bed and looked at the doorway to see Dinah. I huffed and rolled my eyes at her presence. "Come on, don't be like that" she said, coming closer.

I held my hand out saying "Don't come closer Hansen". "The last name? Really Mani?" she said in disbelief. "Well I found some interesting shit on your phone, so what do you expect" I told her.

"How many times do I have to say I didn't do anything and I haven't texted her in like 2 years" she slightly yelled.

"First off, don't raise your voice at me. Second, I saw those text messages with my own eyes Dinah. If you want to go back to her, then go ahead. You said it yourself in the texts that you basically miss how her pussy feels, so go and chase her to get another feel from it".

She walked over to my side of the bed and bent down on her knees, taking my hands in hers. I turned away from her and she said "Mani please look at me".

I reluctantly turned her way, just so she can say what she has to say and leave.

"I love you and I know that we are meant to be. Believe me when I say that. It all started in your comments on Insta, and look how far we made it. I refuse to let some stupid messages get in the way of the special thing we have. Especially since I know I never typed those things. Remember what I said when I gave you the promise ring and the necklace that I see you're still wearing?".

She looked at me waiting for an answer and I just nodded my head.

"I said that I would love you forever, no matter what happened. If we broke up for some reason, I would do anything to get you back in my arms. I promised to always be faithful to you and be honest with you. I only lust after you and you only. I promised I would be the best girlfriend I could ever be to you and do anything to make you happy. I promised to give you the happiest life you could ever have".

She paused and looked down at my hands, specifically the one that had my promise ring. She ran her finger over the ring and sighed.

"If you want to break up with me, then fine. If you feel you can't trust me or be with me anymore, then fine. But don't expect me to just stand back and not prove to you that I'm telling the truth and I only want you to be my lover and I want to be your lover".

She finally finished and was just looking at me in the eyes. I didn't realize it, but I was slightly shaking and Dinah ran her fingers over my hands, telling me to relax.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything now. If you do want to , I can handle anything you tell me" she said with a slight smile. "Dinah, I..." I was trying to speak but I couldn't form the words I was saying in my head.

"It's okay, no need to rush" she said softly. "It's not that I don't trust you, but...the texts were there in front of me and that just gives me enough information. Maybe...maybe we should just take a little break. Not breaking up, but just a little break. I'm sorry Dinah, it's just you know my insecurities and I feel bad for letting them get in the way".