New Life

5 years later

Cheryl's POV

"Aurora you better get your little ass in here now or else!!" I yelled and soon heard pattering footsteps coming my way. I turned and saw Aurora with a nervous smile on her face.

"Tell me what you did to your little brother" I said sternly. I knew she was about to lie by the way she deeply breathed in but I cut her off.

"Tell me the truth or there will be punishment" I said as I shrugged. She started whining and then mumbled "I took away a toy and hit him". "And why did you do that" I asked her.

"Cause it's mine he has his own toys" she said as she threw up her arms in exaggeration. "You have to remember he's practically just a baby honey, okay? You have to be gentle with him and learn how to share. Do you play with your other brothers' toys and they share?".

She nodded her head and I said "Next time you do that you're gonna be in trouble. I'm only letting you off for right now. Now go back and play with your brothers". She nodded and quickly ran off and I looked at baby boy in my arms.

Baby boy Damien was one out of the two babies that Toni and I had after we got married. They are twins and his sister Destiny was upstairs with the others. Right now they are both 3 years old and they're soooo cute.

"Mama" Damien said as he looked at me. I wiped away his remaining tears and kissed him over and over, making him laugh. "Pway" he said as she lifted up his hands and I got up with him in my arms carrying him upstairs.

As soon as I got upstairs I heard kids shouting and I shook my head at how loud my kids were. I entered the play room that we installed about 2 years ago and all the kids stopped to look at me.

"Keep playing, I'm not going to yell" I said as I sat down with Damien in my arms. He quickly crawled out of them and chose a toy just to come back to me. "Where's your Daddy" I asked in general for any of the kids to answer.

"She's in the other room right now" Zyair said as he played with his toys. I nodded and said nothing as I played with Damien who was forcing me to play with him.

Toni has her own little room that's a part of the basement downstairs. It's a small room since it was specially made for her only. Toni's schizophrenia did get worse and she now has multiple episodes in just maybe a few minutes or hours.

She does take medication but they keep having to change the dosage of it. When she has her episodes she goes down to the room and isolates herself there. When it's really bad she calls me down to just be there for her. If it's really bad to the point where she's getting angry at everything I make sure no one tries going to her.

I felt someone tapping me and I shook myself out of my thoughts to see Kartier beside me.

"Hey baby" I smiled and he waved at me. "You wanna sit on my lap" I asked him and he nodded as he sat himself in my lap.

I kissed his forehead and checked his ear to see if his hearing aid was in. After a year Kartier was born, Toni and I decided to do a checkup on him. It turns out he is deaf in one of his ears. About a year ago we went to another doctor and he said that Kartier may have autism.

He said he didn't want to diagnose him since he is young but he shows a lot of signs that he may be autistic.

I was in a bad place after that because I felt like I was a horrible mother for not birthing him like your typical child just like his siblings.

I still love him of course but it's just hard sometimes dealing with him. I felt Kartier latch his arms around my neck and I smiled as I held him in my arms while playing with Damien.